Complete - Sew Scrappy Swap

GALLERY LINK

Calling all scrapbusters!

If you’re like most crafters who use fabric, you’ve got a small (or extra large) stockpile of fabric scraps you’ve saved. This swap will help reduce those piles, boxes, bags, or storage units! If you’re into scrappy or patchwork style, this swap is for you!!!

In this swap, we will be making 1 medium + 1 small (or 2 extra smalls) for our partners.

Swap Timeframe
Date to Send By: 2/18/2023

Size and Time Guide
Extra Small – 1+ hours – ATC, bookmark, vinyl decals, fridge magnet, stickers, masterboards, earrings.
Small – 2+ hours – pouches, ATC trios, TM patch, small artwork, dishcloth, set of 4 notecards, simple necklace.
Medium – 3+ hours – small amigurumi (6” or less), tote bags, basic scarf, hooplas (outline or felt), earring & necklace set.

Participant Requirements

• Must be a member for at least 1 month
  • Must have posted at least 15 times
  • Must have completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at the same time
  • Is not currently signed up for more than 5 swaps
  • Does not have more than 3 ‘late with communication’ in feedback from previous swaps in the past 6 months
  • Does not have negative feedback
  • Is at least 16 years old

Sew Scrappy Inspiration from LC:
Scrappy Jewelry Necklace + Pendant by @Abbeeroad + Beads by @Magpie + Brooch by @Eddie
Scrappy Covers Book by @Magpie + Notebook Cover by @Kwality570 + Notebook Cover by @loves2experiment
Flags and Mini Quilts Positive Affirmation Flag by @magpie + Mini Quilt by @marionberries
Scrappy Pouches and Purses Patchwork Pouch by @PrincessP + Patchwork Pouch by @Abbeeroad + Sewing Bag by @Watsonc7 + Purse by @fishstix43 + Tote Bag by @tendstowardschaos + Triangle Zipper Pouches by @marionberries
Scrappy Containers Fabric Baskets by @AIMR + Scrappy Project Bag by @Lynx
Pillows Pillowcase by @wendiek
Bookmarks Scrappy Bookmarks with Tutorial by @jemimah
Fabric Rope Rope + Flowers + Wreath with Tutorial by @Lynx
Mug Rugs and Coasters Batik Coasters by @Magpie + Birds Mug Rug by @endymion
I know I’ve only scratched the surface of our amazing community with these examples. Please add more in the thread below if you can find them. I’ve spent over an hour and then noticed the craftalong! I didn’t get too far with that one. :slight_smile:

Questionnaire - Send to organizer Kwality570 with SUBJECT LINE: Sign-Up Form Sew Scrappy Swap [username]
Swap: Sew Scrappy Swap
Lettuce Craft Username:
Real Name + Mailing Address (including country) in format to be written on package:
Email Address:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your country:
If you are in the US, do you agree to send with package tracking and provide to organizer?
If you are outside the US, do you agree to take pictures of the receipt and customs form and provide to organizer?
Do you meet all of the participant requirements below? Yes/No

• Must be a member for at least 1 month
  • Must have posted at least 15 times
  • Must have completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at the same time
  • Is not currently signed up for more than 5 swaps
  • Does not have more than 3 ‘late with communication’ in feedback from previous swaps
  • Does not have negative feedback
  • Is at least 16 years old
    Do you have any allergies (pets, smoke, smells, etc)?
    Are there any allergens in your home (pets, smoke, smells, etc)?
    Favorite color(s)?
    Least favorite color(s)?
    List at least 5 scrappy sewn items you would like to receive (idea list above if you need help):

Is there anything you would absolutely hate to receive?
Do you prefer making scrappy style or patchwork style?
Do you prefer receiving scrappy style or patchwork style?
Link to your Pinterest or other Online Inspiration:

5 Likes
Participant List Partner Date Sent Date Received Feedback
1 Kwality570 photojenn 2/13/23 2/15/23 Positive.
2 MightyMitochondria marionberries 1/29/23 1/30/23 Positive.
3 Abbeeroad Magpie 2/17/23 2/24/23 Positive.
4 thanate Myrthena 2/21/2023 3/14/23 Positive.
5 Myrthena thanate 1/23/23 2/8/23 Positive.
6 marionberries MightyMightochondria 2/3/23 2/6/23 Positive.
7 Magpie AIMR 2/22 2/28/23 Positive.
Magpie Abbeeroad 2/22 2/28/23
8 photojenn Kwality570 2/13/23 2/15/23 Positive.
9 mellybelly81 Jemimah 2/22/23 3/2/23 Positive.
10 AIMR Magpie 2/22/23 3/3/23 Positive.
11 Jemimah mellybelly81 2/17/23 3/1/23 Positive.
4 Likes

IN!!!

Scrap-along thread which is full, FULL of incredible inspiration!

4 Likes

I will 100% be here for this!

4 Likes

Ooo fun. I have a new scrappy quilt project in the works, but I am sure there are enough scraps to go around. Off to sign up.

4 Likes

I really don’t need to sign up for more swaps but this sounds so fun…

4 Likes

Oooh. This looks fun! I have a box of scraps that would love to be used!

3 Likes

I do have a enormous pile, so count me in.

4 Likes

My Q is in! Let’s get scrappy!

4 Likes

Just sent in my questionnaire! Woot woot!

4 Likes

Ok, I’m in.

4 Likes

I am really, really excited for this one!

3 Likes

Me too! So excited!

3 Likes

My sewing machine cried out for care. It developed a sqeak. It needed cleaning and service anyway but now I am feeling lonely. It will be back in time for this swap and the 3 + projects in the works.

9 Likes

We have so much scrappy talent in this swap! I am itching to start crafting, so I decided to try making some of @Magpie 's quilted beads. Maybe they will end up in someone’s swap package? At least I am channeling my creative energy. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Yay! Beatuful colours!

3 Likes

Awesome scrappy project! The two I’ve made (one at the Asheville meetup and one in the virtual class) are displayed in my craft room because they need the perfect project, right? :laughing:

4 Likes

Just sent my Q!

5 Likes

Two more days of signups! I will be closing on January 14th at 8 PM EST.
We’re currently at an odd number and could at least one more scraptastic swapper.
Hitting up some of those who may be interested and have shared their scrappy work in the past:
@jemimah @Tapestry @endymion @AIMR @smmarrt @reinikka

5 Likes

I will happily swap with any of the above! Also willing to take on a 2nd partner if it makes the #s work. You know me, sew 1 or sew 20, I’m game :smile:

4 Likes