COMPLETE : Miniature Make a Friend Swap S/U Jan 27 to Feb 6 SO March 15, 2021

I’m adding Earthquake Park to my bucket list!

We had fire, tornado, and unfortunately atomic bomb drills. I had nightmares about fires for a while.

Now the kids have active shooter drills. Yikes.

1 Like

We had fire, earthquake, and a bomb drills, though those ended by the time I was in middle school.
Now at my school it’s fire drills monthly, earthquake drills yearly, active shooter drills once a semester for the students and the scarier kind once a year for teachers. Oh and yearly bus evacuation drills, even for kids who don’t ride the bus. Those always confuse me.

Did anyone have a favorite doll, stuffed animal, or blanket when you were younger? Do you still have it around?

1 Like

Good old-fashioned teddy bear, brown and worn to a frazzled. I lost it in a move when I was 20 or so. Still miss the little guy.

And the quilt my grandmother made out of feed sacks. it was a traditional 9 square with yellow accents. she made each of the grandkids one and my sister and I were the last ones. But it too fell to shreds and was lost somewhere in my nomadic travels.

1 Like

So sorry I have been MIA! The senior classes have been back to school since last week while the younger ones are still at home. That means I have to be in school every day for the seniors and then head back home to teach the other classes (and my supervise my daughter’s distance learning. Well, I do my very best but it’s so exhausting, especially since I live far away from school.
Anyway, here I am taking a break from planning my lessons - our learning managment system is down and we don’t know if they’ll fix it by tomorrow.

I still have my lovely stuffed bunny from when I was a kid. The body is cotton cloth and the head, the ears, legs and arms are terry cloth. I used to chew the ears and so my aunt had to renew them from time to time. Once it got lost in the supermarket but when we found out it was already closed and I had to wait until the next morning to pick him up. Terrible! However, bunny has survived and is still living with us. We agreed though that he doesn’t sleep in our bed anymore but in the kids’ bedroom.

2 Likes

This is Bunny. I got him for Easter in 1989 - he was originally a Peter Rabbit. I still sleep with him every night and he’s been on every away from home trip with me since I got him. Every several years I empty and restuff him. :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

This is what he looked like new!
9a44bec1eb12eb0df6920caee9e71a94

4 Likes

I don’t have any from when I was young young but in 9th grade I bought a tiger pillow, stuffed animal thing and I’ve slept with it ever since. It is the perfect pillow and I’ve tried other little travel pillows nothing beats Tiger. He’s the best and the comfiest to sleep with. In high school my dog had chewed its ears off and made some holes in it and my mom sewed them back on. Like @Lynx every couple years he gets a new bit of stuffing but I don’t empty out the old stuffing. I’m too nervous he won’t be as comfortable anymore. Lol. And also like @Lynx he goes on every away trip with me. He’s part of my “sleep equation” as my husband calls it. (I have to have things just so to be able to go to sleep.)

1 Like

I was allergic to everything when I was kid, so the doctors told my mom I had to put stuffed animals in bags. That was terrible! I had a few favorite husky dogs that I still have. I was encouraged to play with dolls instead so I had a bunch. Due to my situation, when I graduated HS and moved away for college, I had to limit what I had, so my dolls had to go! I had Jessica, Amanda, Mandy, Keri May, Nathanael, gosh and several more…I think 9 or so!)

This is Lenny:

He’s still around, but he is in my closet. I need to repair him!

I have sent, so I have created a gallery! It’s going across the pond, so it may be a little bit. Remember, send outs are extended until the 15th, so still plenty of time! Now I can focus on my IYP peeps!

3 Likes

i still have my blankie and my kitty from when i was little. i am 47, but i distinctly remember dragging them around with me everywhere i went. my kids can throw them out when i die. lolz.

Jeopardy host - hmmm no clue I am afraid I am out of touch I am not a celebrity watcher, don’t have cable and don’t really watch TV

Most scary natural disaster? Pyroclismic? blast! I was in WA just following Mt Staint Helens and saw the damage OMG but also I lived on and off in Naples while as a whole we didn’t pay attention you would then be bombarded with the evacuation plans

Favorite childhood item? I had a stuffed lamb my favorite grandmother bestowed upon me when I was born. It was awful by the time I left child hood missing its ears, an eye and all matted. Probably had a smell to it lol and it would wind up and play a lullaby. No longer have it when I adopted a dog years and years ago she literally ate it! I cried

1 Like

I finished the thing! And I can’t wait to send it! Now off to do all the things I should have done this afternoon…

2 Likes

Instead of marking class tests I finished the small item and only need to wrap everything up now. I guess my students will appreciate my decision :joy:

4 Likes

This is Bunny by the way :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rabbit:

4 Likes

Oh, I love him!

I must be tired still this morning; I keep reading ‘class tests’ as ‘class tents.’ That’s probably more fun!

1 Like

I had a bear that I carried about by one ear, which ended up more like a rabbit’s ear. I couldn’t think of a name I called him, so checked with my mum and she confirmed I never named any of my toys. I thought I also remembered a purple elephant, but my mum has no recollection of that :flushed:

1 Like

If you could kill any one fashion trend, what would it be?

Saggy pants!

1 Like

Are you talking “kill it” as in rock that look or erase it from our lives forever?

If rock it, the rumpled yet elegant linen look.

If remove it from our sight, ridiculously fashionable, uncomfortable and tottery high heeled shoes.

3 Likes

I think you can take that question any way it leads you. I just borrowed it from an ice breaker website!

Agreed! Generally could care less what anyone wears but we really don’t need to see your undergarments and explain to kids…pull them up

2 Likes