COMPLETE : Miniature Make a Friend Swap S/U Jan 27 to Feb 6 SO March 15, 2021

So far it’s been silly here. We were supposed to get 1-3 inches last night and then more today. We got maybe half an inch last night. Around 4-5pm EST it’s really supposed to start and I’m hearing estimates of anywhere between 5-12 inches which is a pretty big range. :thinking: We shall see! There’s talk that we’ll get more of the ice storm than snow storm than we were expected.

I have my winter cross stitch sampler that’s so close to being done. I think I’ll wait until later today to finish it so I can say I finished it in a snow storm. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I’m in west central Indiana and our forecast/current situation is pretty similar. I just want the weather to cooperate so we can go to school. :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Portland Oregon here. We had a bit of snow and a lot of ice over the weekend, but it’s finally starting to melt. Power has been flickering, but hasn’t actually gone out. Roads are scary, but I’m now so in the habit of staying well stocked that we could probably last the rest of the week with no issue. < sarcasm>Thanks, Covid! < /s> :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh here! I think this is our actual snow storm report for Columbus area. :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

LMBO!!!

I went ahead and scheduled a time slot for my surgery (12:45 pm), but it’s an hour drive, and a very real chance that it won’t be safe to drive, in which case I will have to postpone (again) – in which case I hope it can be rescheduled BEFORE I need to do pre-op (again). Luckily it’s more a helpful elective surgery, so if need be, I can wait until spring/summer, but will then definitely have to do all the pre-op testing again. I don’t want roads to be unsafe for you more north than me, but I really would like the ice to travel farther up (or farther south).

How’s everyone doing so far on their brainstorming/crafting?
I’m thinking of pushing send-outs back a week. I realized I have them the Monday of our Spring Break. I realize this may not be the case for everyone, but an extra week is always good, right? Especially if weather keeps being horrible for some of us. Thoughts?

4 Likes

We are under a freezing rain warning for tomorrow.

1 Like

I am in favor of extending crafting time for a week. I had to order a major item. With the impending winter weather and slower USPS shipping times lately, I could end up pinched for time.

2 Likes

I think I’ll do it… More time never hurt anyone! New send-outs March 15.

6 Likes

Been having some lovely chats with @Ewulotta and have a firm idea now. Have a few long weekends booked, sadly only to use up unused annual leave, but happily gives me some lovely crafting time :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve finished the medium for @seeuudee and I hope she likes it - it’s something that I haven’t made for quite a while but when I browsed her Pinterest it immediately came to my mind.

3 Likes

We just lost power and our county just went to highest level snow emergency. Boooooo.

2 Likes

Noooo!!

2 Likes

We are slowly getting covered in ice, but it supposed to be a balmy 39 degrees tomorrow and then get really cold.

I am waiting for an ordered item to start on @Whistlefish’s item. But weather is delaying mail too.

2 Likes

Got supplies for my medium. Hope to start tomorrow. Still hemming and hawing about the other item though. I want it to fit the requirements but also something functional. :thinking:

We’re getting 9” of snow tonight! On top of all the others. Driving will be fun in the morning. NOT!

2 Likes

I look like no celebrity
I am not a “anything” mom we’re not big on joining here we do a lot of our own marching to the beat of our own drummer
Comfort food I don’t have one LOL I mean don’t get me wrong I love food but I have nothing I reach for when sick or sad (I’m currently sick I ate some frozen cherries for dinner because I just needed something cold my throat hurts and that was all I could find)
Working on perfecting ideas! Head cold, adopted a dog and we got Ice last night, schools were on a 2 hr delay was all. We’re use to snow here.

2 Likes

it just keeps snowing long enough to shovel…starting to run out of places to put it, which is typical this time of year. buses were cancelled today which solved the daughter’s problem of “getting a good seat” in her healthcare class, since it would have been their first “in class” class since the new quad started.

1 Like

I called to reschedule (again) my sinus surgery because we have been out of power since 8 last night, the roads are bad, and we’d have to travel and hour on a good day to get there. We are ok with a generator and kerosene heater. I am waiting for them to call to reschedule. If they can’t get it within the time allowed before I’d have to pre-op again, I will probably just wait until summer so the weather will be better, I’ll have had both doses of the vaccine, and hopefully then things can go as planned. This has been so frustrating. While it’s an elective surgery, it will be very helpful to me to being able to breath and smell better! Ugh.

4 Likes

What is your least favorite household chore?

1 Like

definitely dusting. i would rather clean the toilet with my toothbrush than dust.

1 Like

Dusting is annoying! I hate moving things around. I’d rather clean the toilet than the shower. Not sure why.

2 Likes