Stars and Stripes Lap Quilt

This was a quilt that I had wanted to do forever, and then when Red Rainboots Handmade hosted a sew along, I twisted my own arm to join and jumped on in!
this quilt went together SO EASILY and the scrappiness just really sents the cuteness over the top. I pulled most of it from my stash, with the exception of the teal background and the white.
and i guess some of the reds because impulse buys… those tick tac toes were too fun to pass up!
I quilted this on a long arm using a hand guided pantograph, and I also got a lot more practice on machine sewing binding this bad boy, which has become a favorite way to finish a quilt now. remind me why i was hand sewing binding all these years?

Pattern Info:

14 Likes

This is great! We have lots of veterans in the family that would appreciate this.

1 Like

Beautiful job! I never would have thought to put teal in with r,w,b…but it is really gorgeous!

I am always looking for “patriotic” patterns for Wounded Warriors and Quilts of Valor projects…great job and wonderful pictures!

2 Likes

I really like how all the stripes have different patterns. Makes it really stand out.

2 Likes

thanks!
I totally considered changing the background color (as much as i love teal, but wanted to be “different” from the pattern) but i just found myself drawn back to it each time!

2 Likes

That is really cool, I especially like the way the blue and red have different patterns :smiley:

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of thimble blossoms patterns :slight_smile: You did a great job and I love the backing fabric you chose :+1:t2:

1 Like

Oh wow, that’s lovely!

1 Like

Came out great!

1 Like

This is a beaut! I’ve had this on my “to make” list for a few years, I really need to get on it! Yours is gorgeous.