Stationery Swap

Would anyone be interested in a stationary swap? I was thinking it would be for 1 Small and 2 extra smalls. One of the items could be purchased.
If you haven’t seen the new, updated sizes, here is the link:

Here is a general guideline for item sizes in a swap
Hello All! The Swap Mods @gozer , @geekgirl & @kwality570 have decided to shake things up a bit and revamp the size requirements for a swap due to rising shipping costs. Instead of a 3-point system, we will be switching to a 5-point system.

By Size & Time:
Extra Small – 1+ hours – ATC, bookmark, vinyl decal, fridge magnet, stickers, masterboards, earrings.
Small – 2+ hours – pouches, ATC trios, TM patch, small artwork, dishcloth, set of 4 notecards, simple necklace.
Medium – 3+ hours – small amigurumi (6” or less), tote bags, basic scarf, hooplas (outline or felt), earring & necklace set.
Large – 4+ hours – amigurumi (over 6”), intricate scarf, intricate hoopla, art quilt.
Extra Large – 5+ hours – Purse, shawl, blanket, lap quilt, woven towel.

There will be exceptions in the case of more complex designs and patterns. These are just examples, use your best judgment on your craft.
Dry times, run times for machine embroidery, die cutter machines, cook times, etc. do not count towards the craft time.
If you have any questions about where your craft would fall, contact @geekgirl , @gozer , or @kwality570 with either an image or description of the craft and we can help you categorize it.

You could make stamps, notecards, stationary paper, decorated pens & Pencils, pouches to hold supplies, decorated paperclips, and so much more!
Any interest?

3 Likes

Oh, sounds like fun!

1 Like

I like that you included other things that could go with it. This kinda reminds me of a happy mail swap, only it would probably be shipped in a box. Like… mailing or correspondence accoutrement?

1 Like

You could ship in a box, or depending on what you made, send in a larger envelope. I have a bunch of padded envelopes I could use.

Other items you could send are bookmark, stickers, washi tape, notebooks, address labels, notepads…

But yeah, anything that would go along with sending letters, office supplies, or journaling. I know I can always use notecards for sending ATCs.

Normally I’d be all up for this, but I only have one spot at the moment and I need it for STS, then my next spot for the annual Ongoing Ornament swap…but…if it gets held again at another time, this is totally my jam!

Sounds like fun!

I’m finishing up my current Summer Reading swap and plan to start my annual Halloween Chunky Houses swap in Sept/Oct.
How long were you thinking for crafting time? I’d just like long enough for supplies to get here.

2 Likes

Might be interested in this. Most of my stash of notecards just got wet and ruined. I had a whole bunch of great collage cards that didn’t survive. :broken_heart:

2 Likes

Oh, how sad!
:broken_heart:
You should participate and maybe you could get your cards re- stocked.

3 Likes

Kinda what I was thinking… also if I’m making notecards for a swap I could make a few for me as well

3 Likes

Oh no! How did that happen!

1 Like

Let’s see. If we do sign-ups next week. It’ll be a short sign up this time. August 8 - 15 so it’ll be one full week. Then give 1 month crafting time ( I always like to give a little extra cas you never know what life will throw at you and Covid is still making the rounds). Sent outs Sept 12th. How does that work for everyone?
Send outs - Sept 12
Actually, since I like to overthink everything, why don’t I go ahead and open up the swap and see how many people we get. I will keep sign-ups open until the 15th.

2 Likes

I opened the swap!

1 Like

I’ve had someone make me snail mail stickers on labels before. they were super cute.

I put mini envelopes on my Q. I often send ATCs with extras/ephemera and instead of putting them in a plastic sleeve or bag it would be nice to put them in a small envelope

5 Likes