Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

lol…right?! I know there has been some expression to mix up the themes, but how can you not do Halloween? I guess you could get more specific, like “monsters,” or really existential, like “the masks we wear.”

Or…maybe offer “Trick or Treat” as a theme and folks can do one or the other (or both), however they interpret those words, even if it’s literally.

2 Likes

mmmm how candy and desserts? I can think of a lot of things made with pumpkin…mmmmmmmm

1 Like

Yeah…I know, you know, we all know it’s gonna be Halloween themed :crazy_face: :ghost: but I like the more specific ideas too. Trick or treat sounds like fun! You could do so much with that one.

2 Likes

How about…

Haunted

Ohhh! Haunted is good too!

1 Like

Two cats…I meant to enter this for September Autumn theme. Warm furry cats growing their winter coats and returning to sleep on laps.

And the pattern is here.

1 Like

Cats only shed twice a year, when they’re growing new coats. Once in Spring/Summer, the second time in Fall/Winter.

1 Like

So true, and we go for short-haired cats. But Oskar has the thickest, plushest coat ever and is a constant shedding machine. And of course, he sheds in all colors so no clothes are safe.

3 Likes

I just love this pattern. I miss having a kitty so badly. Slowly but surely I am convincing my husband we need to get one.

We also foster kittens. We are on hold now, but will see if they have any to foster when we get back from vacation. Kitten fun!

My brother says he fosters cats…but in reality, he has 11 cats…he just can’t give them up. Fortunately, he has lots of room for them and a very caring vet who gives him a family pack deal and free neutering! I pay for the flea meds because I don’t want the house infested (It was my parents’ house…). They all shed…he is vacuuming daily.

1 Like

One way to get the vacuuming done daily!

We love the kittens, but we also love having a quiet house and fewer chores when the kittens go to their forever homes. Then more kittens! It’s one way to get to play with kittens often without ending up with a house full of adult cats.

2 Likes

Ohh, Ohh, OHH! Anybody up for a little floral stitch-along? She shows really clear examples of all the stitches (so many stitches) between doing them. And also, the end result is GORGEOUS!
It could be done in spooooky colours, or autumn colours at least.

2 Likes

Oh wow what a video. And it’s so relaxing. Beautiful flower techniques and I like that she doesn’t just show stitches once, but you get to see the whole process.

2 Likes

The stitches with the straw! I am so excited to try it. The whole thing is like a little floral sampler.

I would def give this a try and would be fun to make it a stitchalong. The straw is ingenious!

Nice! Let’s get started! Should we share progress here or in the snapshot thread?

1 Like

I’m sure here is cool. Fellow stitchers might like to see our progress. :grin: It’s a stitchalong within a stitchalong!

1 Like

I need a project for vacation, unfortunately, I’m heading to my Mom’s who lives in an internet black hole. There’s time when I come back.

Take your time planning colours & drawing it out while you’re away? There are so many possibilities, I’m already a little overwhelmed by the sheer volume of my thread collection :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like