Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

We have wild city bunnies that come to the yard every so often. I named them Tiki and Tuki. The dogs don’t even care.They just look and go back to sleep.

3 Likes

Yes! Bunnies are so fun to stitch, sew, paint, draw, etc.

And, I think it might be one of the themes for March…:smiley:

1 Like

Yes!! Might be a good swap theme to tuck away for future use too :rabbit:

2 Likes

He is obviously doing well, but I would not be able to resist trying to supplement his food and trying to give him shelter (NOT by trapping him, just by making it available to him). I would spend 9054 hours reading about ways to do it. Plotting it. Making it. Moving it 50 x to make it more attractive. And then be heartbroken because they have zero need for it.

So, I will just admire your yard bun, and know he is doing well.

Also, I.LOVE.RABBITS. lovvvveee them.

4 Likes

Thank you!

I finished this just in time, completely forgetting today was the last day if February.

First, the theme. Wheni think about “live in love” I think about my son, and crafts, so I knew I had to combine it somehow. I picked a picture that I love, which was taken on his first birthday.

The style: I saw a while back someone combining rough painting with embroidery, and I’ve been trying to loosen my style a bit so I thought maybe this would be a perfect time to try it. Lose stitches, no rules, just try to make it as similar as possible to the photo.

So here is my piece, it is done even though it doesn’t look like it. I’m going to frame it once I’ve found a frame I like.

14 Likes

That is the coolest thing ever!!

3 Likes

wow…I like that technique! Looks wonderfully realistic, too!

3 Likes

I love the color choices and stitch application. Such a sweet love story.

:heartbeat:

3 Likes

That’s so neat looking, and what a meaningful piece!

2 Likes

Gorgeous work! I love the colours and textures you’ve created!

2 Likes

Oooh so cool!

2 Likes

Wow! Stunning work @imera!!!

2 Likes

Announcement time!!!

The winner of the random drawing for February is:

Imera

Congrats @imera! Way to go!

The theme for March is Welcome Spring! It is time to wake up from our winter slumber and enjoy all that spring has to offer: flowers, bunnies, sunshine… Stitch up your favorite thing about spring.

The same rules apply (you can see them on the first post) and there will be prizes (TBA).

Have fun!

7 Likes

Woohoo!! Congrats @imera!

Plotting some spring stitching! :hibiscus: :sunflower: :blossom: :tulip:

2 Likes

Congrats, @imera! You did a great job!

3 Likes

Ooh, I have an idea for March!

Congrats @imera! Yours was so awesome!

2 Likes

congrats, @imera…loved your piece!

Now I need to look for an idea for spring!

2 Likes

Oh wow, how wonderful to pop in and discover I was the drawn winner :slight_smile: Thanks to everyone for the lovely comments

March theme sounds so lovely, can’t wait to try it out.

6 Likes

Here is my entry for March. I might do another one with more color on the arm, maybe add some flowers.

13 Likes