Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

That is so sweet. I love the little fairy peering out.

1 Like

Autumn is a good time for mushrooms, so I chose some autumn leaf colours and stitched up this little mushroom village.

It’s from a Japanese embroidery book published in 1981. Does that qualify as vintage? (I remember 1981…) I picked it up a while ago but only just now got around to stitching something from it. The designs all look hand drawn and a little bit wonky, which I think makes them extra charming :smile_cat:

10 Likes

I love it!! They look like fairy mushrooms. The book looks really cool, I love all the patterns on the cover.

2 Likes

Thank you :smiley: There are some really quirky and sweet designs in the book (and a few odd ones too).

I think I will stitch a few more from it. It’s one of those books with basically no instructions - the first half is colour photos of each design, with a few tags, only suggesting which stitch to use (“satin” “chain” etc.), and the second half is line drawings ready to trace. No colour codes or materials lists or any other instructions. I actually really enjoyed it because it encourages you to choose your own colours and fabrics and change it up with different stitches - each person would make their version unique.

@kittykill if you ever choose “music” as a stitchalong theme, there’s a few musical designs in this book (hint, hint - but no pressure if you’ve already got it sorted out :guitar:)

2 Likes

Those little mushrooms are so much fun. Ohhhh! Music! That is a great one!

4 Likes

Here’s mine for this month! It’s an old kit that I was given by someone else and that had been a WIP for years. The kit didn’t come with enough orange thread and that’s why it was a UFO for so long.

Now I just need to find a purpose for it! I’m never really sure what to do with those mini kits.

6 Likes

That is so beautiful!

2 Likes

Really pretty little piece! I like using little pieces like this as maybe a focal point on a fabric basket or put into a placemat or tablerunner with some patchwork. It would also be cute in the cover of a notebook…

3 Likes

I turned a small piece into a drawer sachet. I think I zigzag stitched around the edge (using my sewing machine), then I crocheted a picot border. Then, I turned that into a little pillow that I stuffed with fiberfill and lavender.

6 Likes

Great ideas! I’ve got several of those small pieces lying around, I will try out some of those ideas!

3 Likes

Great minds think alike :smiley: I also have a pile of embroidery pieces that I need to make into something I can enjoy or for a nice gift. I’m determined to use them, so I made my mushroom village into something yesterday!

It’s a simple little folder with some pockets. It’s the right size for some correspondence supplies, or it could work for a small sketchbook and pencils, or something like that.

13 Likes

That’s a great idea for your piece!

This is sadly going to be my first month this year without an offering.

3 Likes

Life gets busy. It is always lovely to see your creations. We will all look forward to your next one, whenever that may be. :heart:

3 Likes

Lovely…exactly what I was imagining with these little pieces…and practical as well…

2 Likes

It’s gorgeous! The fabric choices are perfect.

2 Likes

I love this!!

2 Likes

Love the colors of that pumpkin piece.

1 Like

Thank you! Have you decided what to make with your little pumpkin yet? It’s very cute, I like the little flower with it :grinning:

I don’t know about you guys, but I either do something with an embroidered piece immediately, or it languishes in my unfinished pile for AGES. I still have my pieces from the January and February stitchalong themes waiting for some attention …

I’m so impressed at how many wonderful creative pieces you’ve done - looking forward to seeing what you make when you do have some time again!

4 Likes

Ah! Such cute fall stitches! Love the notebook cover!

3 Likes

I love those mushrooms and little pumpkin!

I also need to figure out what to do with my finished pieces… most of them just sit in a pile in my craft room! I do hang a few up and part with one if it’s something someone I’m swapping with would like. The notebook is a great idea!

4 Likes