Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

I usually dye my aida but 123 Stitch is a great place to find cloth.

3 Likes

Thanks! I will check them out!

1 Like

A new little project. Any one see the letter P yet?

7 Likes

Yah know, I think I might actually deviate from this idea. I’m not sure what I would do with that final project, and I found a felt project that I am feeling more inspired by, so I will probably go this direction instead.

4 Likes

Oh man. I just purchased 2 patterns for this theme. I’ve never purchased a pattern before. I’m a little nervous, lol.

5 Likes

This is my January offering!

20210105_200453_resize_95

It is a nifty free Puffins on Rocks Square by Downeast Thunder Farm!

I was originally going to work up an embroidery of Machu Picchu (one of my biggest Bucket List wish places), but then didn’t really know what I would do with it. I decided this year I would only make things in this stitchalong for a purpose, and not just to complete the prompt. So, I think as the year goes on, I’ll need to find a way to incorporate each month into a finished project of some sort!

You can read more here about the puffins!

14 Likes

Adorable, and what a great idea to combine the prompts into a project! Can I steal that?

Absolutely! And, thank you!

Love your puffins!

And I agree on stitching with a purpose. I think that’s what kept me from joining for so long on deadster. What was I going to do with 12 randomly stitched pieces? Once I thought “outside the hoop” so to speak, it really opened things up and now this is my favorite craftalong. I love that it keeps me stitching in a way that is low stress, encouraging, and fun. :smiley:

Of course, now that I’ve said that I have a pretty traditional hoop planned for this month! :laughing:

4 Likes

I love puffins! Such a great piece.

1 Like

I bought some linen to make some kitchen towels for gifts…that is what I am going to be embroidering for some of the months for prompts…the one I am doing now does not fit the January prompt unless I want to travel to a mushroom village… :rofl:

3 Likes

Love the idea of embroidered kitchen towels!

1 Like

Do you mean the mushroom village in beautiful Jurgistaan? That would make such a charming picture!

1 Like

lol I am afraid that is above my stitching level…I am embroidering simple mushrooms to put on my towels…lol

1 Like

You gotta learn to spin things. If your simple mushrooms are a reference to a visit to the lovely village I made up, they fit the prompt!

oh you! lol…maybe I can put a tiny house in the scene…lol

1 Like

A tiny door on one mushroom, a chimney on another…

Am I encouraging you to slide over to the dark side?

1 Like

Simple mushrooms grow in forests. There are a lot of wonderful travel destinations with forests.

2 Likes

Gah! I am so sad I did not finish my holiday hoop. It is sitting in my living room with my stitching stuff staring forlornly at me. December just kicked my butt and then I had to take a little mental break! I can’t wait to jump into January’s theme! I’ve got something in mind!

2 Likes

2nd try on this pattern. I made a big misscount early on the first one and so started over with 11count. I like the bigger size, but it’s not square and distorts the pattern. It’s fine on this small piece. My GD name is Piper.

8 Likes