Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

Wow, I love it! The frame really elevates the piece. Welcome to Lettuce Craft! :smiley:

1 Like

@Abbeeroad I really like the double sided badge–especially the moon!

@cabbagepatchadult Welcome to Lettuce! That frame is just perfect for your stitching! I really like it!

2 Likes

Nice to see the finished piece, @Abbeeroad! I had no idea where you were going with this except I knew it would be scrappy fabulous! I love the sun!

@cabbagepatchadult Welcome! That is really a lovely piece…the background is perfect!

3 Likes

@Abbeeroad what a cool concept! I like it!

Welcome @cabbagepatchadult! I really like that piece. The frame is perfect!

2 Likes

Announcement Time!

The winner for August is @cabbagepatchadult! YAHOO! congrats!

Now for September!
The theme for September is Fall/Autumn. I don’t care what the thermometer says, September is fall! It is time for leaves to turn colors, pumpkin spice to wake up from its slumber and the sweaters to make an appearance. Stitch up what falls means to you. The same rules as always apply. You have until September 30th to present your project.

Just a little FYI, October’s theme will be Halloween.

7 Likes

Congratulations @cabbagepatchadult and welcome! Your piece is beautiful

I love your badge @Abbeeroad the sun side is my favorite.

I consider September the start of fall even though it’s going to be 109 here this weekend :hot_face:

4 Likes

Congrats @cabbagepatchadult!

I’m so ready for some Fall!! :fallen_leaf:

1 Like

Here is my entry for this month. Starbucks had this really great ad for their pumpkin spice. It was the moon phases but with a pumpkin. A person in a stitching group I belong to made a pattern. It is hard to tell in this picture but there are lines on the pumpkins.

The original:

10 Likes

@kittykill, that’s so fun!

1 Like

That’s really cute and cheery!

1 Like

Really lovely! I nearly forgot about my stitching for this month, thankfully it’s not over yet. It’s a fall themed UFO, does that count?

1 Like

Sure! Do it!

Thanks all!

2 Likes

I love the pumpkin phases! Here is my offering for the month

It’s a digistamp I found on Etsy.

12 Likes

Love the acorn fairy!!

Pam…I love those phases of the moon, er, pumpkin…nicely done with the background, too!

1 Like

Oh so sweet!!

It’s spring here of course, but grey and rainy, so I have been working on something in autumn colours too. I haven’t had my embroidery supplies out for AGES, so thanks for the inspiration everybody!

2 Likes

That is so sweet. I love the little fairy peering out.

1 Like

Autumn is a good time for mushrooms, so I chose some autumn leaf colours and stitched up this little mushroom village.

It’s from a Japanese embroidery book published in 1981. Does that qualify as vintage? (I remember 1981…) I picked it up a while ago but only just now got around to stitching something from it. The designs all look hand drawn and a little bit wonky, which I think makes them extra charming :smile_cat:

10 Likes

I love it!! They look like fairy mushrooms. The book looks really cool, I love all the patterns on the cover.

2 Likes

Thank you :smiley: There are some really quirky and sweet designs in the book (and a few odd ones too).

I think I will stitch a few more from it. It’s one of those books with basically no instructions - the first half is colour photos of each design, with a few tags, only suggesting which stitch to use (“satin” “chain” etc.), and the second half is line drawings ready to trace. No colour codes or materials lists or any other instructions. I actually really enjoyed it because it encourages you to choose your own colours and fabrics and change it up with different stitches - each person would make their version unique.

@kittykill if you ever choose “music” as a stitchalong theme, there’s a few musical designs in this book (hint, hint - but no pressure if you’ve already got it sorted out :guitar:)

2 Likes

Those little mushrooms are so much fun. Ohhhh! Music! That is a great one!

4 Likes