Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

Announcement Time!

The winner of January is @chameleonhound! Way to go!

The theme for February is…Do You Love It?
We all know that February is known for the kissy kissy action. Let’s take it a step further (keep it clean!, people! LOL!) and stitch up something we love. It could be our favorite pet, person, thing, place, saying, anything that you just want to give a big smooch to.

Same rules as always apply to the stitch along. Have fun!

6 Likes

Congratulations @chameleonhound! Your stitched piece was really cool!

Congrats @chameleonhound!!

Love Feb’s theme!

woo hoo–Kraken for the win! congrats…lovely piece of work!

The February theme might be exactly what I need to finish up my cross titch that seems to be taking forever…

3 Likes

Yippie! Thanks all! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I already know what I want to stitch this month. Not gonna lie, it’s gonna be more sea creatures.

3 Likes

Conkrakenlations!

And woohoo on February’s theme; it works with what I had in mind!

3 Likes

Did anybody else get an email from Aunt Martha’s about their gigantic warehouse sale?
10 flour sack tea towels are $17, that’s usually $37!

5 Likes

Flour sack tea towels takes me back to drying dishes with my mom’s wedding towels…she still has one or two threadbare ones left in the bottom of a drawer. She was married in 1950.

I ordered some blank ones and veggie embroidery patterns. TV show recliner projects!

2 Likes

I can’t click the link… I just can’t… as tempting as that is… I think I have a decent supply on hand, so until I use them up, I can’t stockpile any more. I’m trying to behave :wink:

I feel ya, sister. I’m currently trying to jam 2 craft rooms full of supplies into 3 book shelves in the living-room. It’s a massive downsize and I could not fit even one tea towel in there if I wanted to. And I want to! Sigh. Inspiration to get those WIPs finished to make space, right? :wink:

2 Likes

Absolutely! And, shopping my stash (seriously, it’s like an in house craft store) is essential right now! If I use it to make stuff that I can gift to others, it’s a win-win!

1 Like

Good news, stash busters! The plain tea towels are sold out!

I ordered some printed ones because all I had in the kitchen was terry towels; thes will be good for baking.

2 Likes

Yes, shopping your stash! My DW keeps coming to me with “do you have something that would work for this? or that?” But unfortunately, it doesn’t do much stash busting. Some fabric to cover studio lights to make it look more like candlelight, a piece of heavy felt, a nail…yes a nail. She has a workshop in the basement, but I had the perfect sized used nail, goes to show, stash is useful.

My 4 bookshelves, big bins, small bins, and overstock (in the basement) are full! But I’ve been able to do a lot of projects from home.

6 Likes

I needed a tv or Zoom meeting recliner project. I just cannot sit without something in my hands. I’m just not into knitting or crocheting right now…so cross stitch!

Started this last night.

And got further tonight.

and more

12 Likes

I ordered and recieived the plain ones, though what I will do with 10 is unknown. I also purchased patterns for veggies. I’ll probably do about 4 or 5 of them.

And I have these in my linen closet (this is a fun thread: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/vintage-crafts-and-family-heirlooms/6639) and Colonial Patterns have these patterns. I’m turning into my Great Grandma!

10 Likes

I love the old patterns, but I never know what to do with them either…I only need so many towels, I don’t use tablecloths, and my kitchen is small, so not a lot of places to hang anything…I thought about doing a valance over the kitchen window with some embroidery designs…maybe change it out from time to time since it is on a spring curtain rod…it wouldn’t get a lot of wear since I only wash it in spring cleaning.

Nice set you have there…

2 Likes

I turned a vintage tablecloth–gray cutwork embroidery on white cotton-- into bathroom curtains. They look great.

4 Likes

Here’s my February entry: beloved kitties replacing dead presidents!

Mire pix at Mt. Catsmore

9 Likes

Here’s my Feb entry. RAinbow love.

12 Likes

Gorgeous! I think you posted some in progress pix, it’s great to see the final result.