Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

Ah! Can’t wait to see where you’re going!

1 Like

I’m submitting this sweet fawn under a beautiful aurora borealis for my March prompt! You can find the fawn pattern here from Downeast Thunder Farm. I found a fun hillside picture as my inspiration. I embedded my fawn into my hillside, then drew the Northern Lights all into a 6 inch by 6 inch square. Once I pieced it all together, I added the fawn details. Then, I chose some spring colors, cut them into 2" squares and pieced them together. I added them to the top and bottom of my 6x6 base like so:

I wasn’t sure how the aurora would turn out, but I think it looks awesome! I needed a way to combine the “feel” of the puffin piece with the prompt of this month - something that would carry over the arctic feel without going overboard or being weird, which is why I chose the aurora.

Then sewed that piece to my on-going stitchalong piece!

20210311_154204_resize_17

Loving it!

8 Likes

I love it, especially as part of an ongoing project.

1 Like

So pretty! I love the colours you chose, and how cool that it goes with your puffin piece!

1 Like

What an interesting ongoing project you have going on there! Love your spotted fawn…definitely a sign of spring!

1 Like

That is so sweet. Great detail on the fawn.

A fairy emerges from her cocoon after a long winter’s sleep. Mere mortals see only a butterfly.

Once I realized that monarch butterflies look like summer to me, I switched to Swallowtail wings, and the project came together quickly.

More pix and words at

10 Likes

I marionberries submit Edible dishtowels (not really) for the March “Flora” category.
There is one more in progress, but 5 are done.

11 Likes

Yes! That was a great idea!

1 Like

That came out so good!! The wings are stunning!

1 Like

They’re lovely enough to make dish drying fun!

1 Like

That butterfly is wonderful.

I have such a soft spot for vintage patterns. You did an amazing job.

2 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

Seeing them all together makes for a lovely set…and one more to go?

Can’t wait to see it!

And I purchased a camping set of patterns too.

3 Likes

Last of this set of dishcloths. Peppers!, I am really enjoying using these.

6 Likes

They look like they’re ready for stuffing!

Cute, even though I loathe the taste of bell peppers.

1 Like

Well, I didn’t get a chance to do my March stitching, but I think I will do it for April anyway!

Can’t wait to see what the new theme will be!

1 Like

Same, haha. Actually, my March stitch is just going to be a few days late… :wink:

1 Like

I have March half way through. I really dislike it so I might chuck it and start over.

Okay! ANNOUNCEMENT TIME!
The winner for March is…steiconi! Congrats!!!

Now for April’s theme. Your Favorite Pastime (besides crafting of course!) . What is your favorite pastime? Is it reading? Binging a TV show? Spending time in the garden? Is painting your jam? Grab your needle and thread and represent! Share with the world what you love doing when you aren’t here being all crafty and stuff!

The same rules apply as always. Have fun! I can’t wait to see what people come up with.

6 Likes