Storyboook Kitchen

My treasured kitchen minis.

Entire project from stash, including the oversized book box, which helped create the story. ETA, I forgot that I bought the embossed “leather” for the spine. Couldn’t believe finding it at Walmart for $2/yard!
furniture is 3D printed (I didn’t buy new filament, so that counts as stash!)
I made the pots and pans in a class about 15 years ago. They impress the hell out of me!

26 Likes

I love it! I am also working on a mini kitchen so this really speaks to me

1 Like

Amazing! What a perfect way to showcase the collection you’ve accumulated over the years. Love, love, love!

1 Like

This is a great collection

1 Like

That is a fantastic china collection! :blue_heart:

1 Like

I love it! It reminds me of a kitchen in a Miyazaki movie.

1 Like

Wow! The pots impress the hell out of me, too. As well as everything else… love both the roosters and the kitchen cat.

1 Like

Super duper! Love all the tiny things!

1 Like

What a wonder! So many tiny, fabulous details and all the pieces’ scales are spot on.

1 Like

This is just darling.

1 Like

Congrats! Your Story book Kitchen is one of this week’s featured projects! :tada:

1 Like

Woohoo! thanks!

What an impressive piece! I love the incorporation of your 3D furniture. Gorgeous!

1 Like

This is super cool and super impressive!

1 Like

Love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Wow, everything about this is wonderful! The wee stretching kitty is just right and you made the pots and pans?! Do tell, sister. That’s a story worth hearing, I’m sure.

1 Like

Thanks!
I believe the pots and pans teacher was Mary the Smith; I tried to find her a few years ago, and nobody could tell me how to contact her. I’d love another class with her.

She had a kit for the class with precut copper pipe and wood handles. We soldered metal bottoms to the pipe, then filed off the excess. Wire and more solder made the handles and hanger. The two frying pans used door pulls from the hardware store.

The cat was 3D printed, from a file on Thingiverse!