STS Fall Market 2022 - swap ideas thread

Hello All!

We are getting near the time that we would start crafting and planning for the Fall STS. I would love to keep this swaps tradition going, as it was one of my favorite swaps ever when I joined it.

Do we have people interested again?

This year, we will shake things up and try to breathe some new life into this awesome swap! Instead of a 3-point system, we will have a 5-point system. I think this will make it easier to price items. No more 1/2 or 1/4 points. (You can still get around this by two for deals and things like that :wink:).

Also, since this is my first time hosting this swap, I will restrict it to the US only. In future rounds, we can discuss opening it internationally. However, I am not sure how I would do with keeping track of all the packages with overseas added. Sorry international, but you are welcome to open your own International only swap, or you can volunteer to host this one and open it up.

We will also require at least three new items in your store. Let’s keep this market fresh!

Let’s hear your ideas too! Since I am not a fully seasoned Market swapper, feel free to offer ideas and suggestions or volunteer to organize! @Bluebird will be assisting me with ideas and graciously gave me a list of times and helpful information.

I was planning to open this swap around September 1st. So you can start crafting now.
Sign-ups will be for 2 weeks, and we will close it up in mid-October. The final dates for closing will be announced later on. More people, open longer.

11 Likes

Watching! :eyes: I definitely have things to offer, and I feel like surely I can be ready to swap by september… (tho, I feel like I’ve said things like that before, too. Hm.)

4 Likes

I made extras of a project while I was working on the Book swap this weekend, before I even planned on starting this discussion, so I have one item ready. I have ideas for about three more. I should be able to get them done in time.
I hope we get a good crowd!

2 Likes

I’m also considering. I have ideas, but whether they make it into reality remains to be seen…

3 Likes

I have all sorts of things!

2 Likes

I super want to do this! I will start a little list of things to offer.

2 Likes

Ive never done one of these swaps. I’ll need to think what I can offer and have made ahead of time.

1 Like

What are some of the things people are looking for?

I can say I would love a knit/crochet hat. Gray if possible! :smiley:

I’m interested but new too! Between now and sign ups, I’ll get busy on somethings. I’m so excited! Looking forward to participating and contributing.

2 Likes

I know our members who previously offered hand dyed yarn aren’t active right now, but I always coveted it before I was a knitter, and now I’d actually have a use for it!

Otherwise, I really have no idea what I’d be looking for! :laughing:

3 Likes

Oh I’m itching for this one!

Whimsies- always looking for those! I think I have some supplies I could put up. As well as crafted stuff!

2 Likes

I’m considering this & trying to think of things I could make. Do people like amigurumi?

5 Likes

I have a whole lot of paint pour, mini envies, mini notepads, photography notecards, and other odds and ends.

1 Like

Ooh, those hand-dyed yarns were always a dream!

1 Like

Yep! :hearts:

1 Like

I’m interested! :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are going to join, you can go ahead and head over to the Discussion thread.

Question, I planned this swap to start September 1st through - Mid-October/Early November. Do people have a preference? I was going to make it longer if we had more people. Is that okay?

2 Likes

I would love it to be longer!

1 Like

This always looks like such a fun swap but I don’t know what to put in my shop. Handwoven towels would be high on the points scale so I’d need to think of smaller items I could offer.

3 Likes