STS (Shop The Swap) 2022 Fall Market Discussion

Who’s up for another round of STS?

@Bluebird will be hosting this round!

This year we will shake things up with a couple of new rules.

Instead of a 3 point system, we will go to a 5 point system! No need for those pesky 1/2 points.

We will also require three new items be added to your shop in order to start. Let’s keep the market fresh! :leafy_green:

This round will be US only. Sorry to all the international swappers, but if you would like to organize your own, you are encouraged to do so. You can contact @gozer for a spreadsheet to keep track of points.

Signups will start around September 1st, with a two week sign-up peroid. But we don’t have to wait to open our shops and start swapping! The swap will end mid-October or early November depending on the number of people we have join.

Let us know if your planning to join and go ahead and start your discussion here!

4 Likes

And a special shout out to @loves2experiment who kept this market rolling for so long!

4 Likes

Reserved

1 Like

STS Fall 2022 is here! STS (Shop The Swap) Fall Market 2022

:fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping:

DATES:

Signups will run 9/1 (Thurs) through 9/15 (Thurs)

Set up your shop no later than 9/17 (Sat)

Claims accepted from when you’ve set up your shop through 10/28 (Thurs)

Last call (over/under) from 10/29 (Sat) through 11/4 (Fri)

:fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping: :fallen_leaf: :shopping:

3 Likes

This sounds so fun! What are the dates again?

1 Like

Signups will start around September 1st, with a two week sign-up period. But we don’t have to wait to open our shops and start swapping! The swap will end mid-October or early November depending on the number of people we have join.

I have also opened up the discussion to see if anyone has a preference on it being longer or shorter.

2 Likes

I keep saying, “Maybe this year I’ll try it…” I do have a few things finished and ready to go, but not a lot.

Can someone remind me of the minimum number of items to offer…? I know I can also supplement with a few craft supplies, yes?

2 Likes

Five items.

1 Like

I added the rules of the shop to the top for the new people (and myself).

2 Likes

I’m in! Pretty sure I already have enough for the new item requirement, but I’ll check since I have to figure out how to re-point everything to the 5 point scale.

4 Likes

I’m wanting to join in. I’ll be deciding and making stuff to put in my shop. So excited! :smiley:

3 Likes

I shortened my original swap dates by about 2 weeks. This way people can restock their shops more frequently instead of spreading it out and they can join more swaps. Also, Fall usually has more swaps going on and as a mod I will be tracking several swaps, not just this one. I am sure I will need a break. LOL!

3 Likes

It’s been years since I did STS and I’m excited to play again this year!

4 Likes

@bluebird has offered to host so I will hand this over to her from here on out! Thank you Bluebird!!!

3 Likes

You’re welcome! :blush:

5 Likes

Yay! Thanks for offering to host, @bluebird. I have more finished items on hand than I thought I did. Plus there’s time to make more, so I expect to be able to play this time.

2 Likes

I am currently making a list of things to make. It would be really helpful if people gave me some ideas! I mainly sew and draw.

2 Likes

In past rounds, zip pouches have been popular. Also Teesha Moore style patches, I think?
I would also be charmed by ATC cards or maybe illustrated postcards?

I’m debating about joining, since my main craft is knitting & it’s hit or miss some years on what folks want. I have quite a few things that I’ve made for test knits in the past year or 2 – mainly baby items with a couple of cowls thrown into the mix.

4 Likes

I might choose a cowl if the colors were right. You want some knit ideas? I’d love some knitted socks (but I have large-ish feet and legs), or some little knitted animals (kittens, rabbits… I’m thinking simple ones like @Dooney’s “kitten nuggets”), or some dishrags. I think @gozer said she wanted a hat. Somebody else mentioned boot toppers, I think. You should definitely play! The more, the better!

4 Likes

Those little cat nuggets are amazing. I was gifted one by @magpie. It’s adorable!

2 Likes