STS (Shop The Swap) 2022 Fall Market Discussion

Okay… I think I will manage one more decent shop update soon. I see some new shops are on the horizon…

4 Likes

Yay! I wanted a bunch of stuff from your shop, but they were all claimed. :sob:

4 Likes

I’ve updated my shop with a couple things. I am working on crochet projects, but I’m not as fast as I used to be so they are coming soon!

5 Likes

I have duplicates of some things. You can pm me with whatbyou had your eye on… :grin:

4 Likes

So many thIngs to buy…no points to spend…so many great things to choose from this round!

I received the stunning Autumn Doodles by @bluebird and the remarkable ceramic owl ornament by @artsycandice today.

@endymion, I hung my tin bird at school today. I’m on my “c” week, so instead of classes, I do intervention, but I can’t wait for the kiddos to notice it!

7 Likes

I added ceramic magnets and vinyl stickers…

5 Likes

yay, I mailed a couple of packages, so I hope that means I can shop again once I message the recipient & bluebird? (gotta run & check the rules again to make sure)

4 Likes

Yes! I’m hoping to mail some more tomorrow (but it may be Wednesday). Fingers crossed that the things I want won’t disappear before I have enough points to buy them.

I received beautiful artwork from @bluebird (searching for a frame the right size), a cheery TM patch from @Bunny1kenobi, and a gorgeous ceramic dish from @thanate. I feel like it’s Christmas!

7 Likes

I got my ceramic from @artsycandice and they are absolutely amazing! Thank you!

2 Likes

I’ve already had 2 claims from my shop :tada: I’m going to send tomorrow so I can spend my new points :joy:

4 Likes

I got a fishy dish from @thanate a few days ago :heart: I love it!!!

I finished crafting for my other swap obligation so now I can focus on crafting for my shop :smile: Please let me know if there is something you’re hoping to see from me (more cards, handmade journals, tote bags…?)

7 Likes

I look at everything and see how many gifts for Chrismukkah I can fulfill. Rad.
I have 3-ish items crafted, but they are small in size and probably points. I do have a nifty craft (imo) that I’m going to create once supplies come in. I’m thinking tomorrow. I had zero time/energy today for all the things.

8 Likes

I can relate on the energy front. I tellya, I’ve been zapped. But keep trying to plug along. I’m actually getting a little done here and there. Hence the delay in opening my shop. :smirk:

Plus I have one other swap in trying to finish to get mailed this weekend. . . Then I can focus, focus, focus lol

5 Likes

I have two casserole carriers about 85% done, but I cut some fabric wrong and I need to get some more. They should be ready early next week. I also have supplies for a couple more totes. I should be adding a few more of those as well. If anyone wants repeats of what has sold, let me know. Or smaller versions. I could do that. Fingers crossed I can get another swap done during the week so I can double down and get more done for this swap over the weekend.

6 Likes

Wanted to warn everyone that the Post Office will be raising their rates starting Oct 2 - Jan 22 for the Holidays!

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2022/0810-usps-announces-proposed-temporary-rate-adjustments.htm

For reference in the link:
UPS, USPS, and FedEx shipping zones are broken down as follows:

• Zone 1: 50 mile radius.
  • Zone 2: 51 – 150 mile radius.
  • Zone 3: 151 – 300 mile radius.
  • Zone 4: 301 – 600 mile radius.
  • Zone 5: 601 – 1,000 mile radius.
  • Zone 6: 1,001 – 1,400 mile radius.
  • Zone 7: 1,401 – 1,800 mile radius.
  • Zone 8: 1,801+ mile radius.

First-Class Package Service, Parcel Select Ground, and USPS Retail Ground :

• Commercial:
    • $0.25 increase for Zones 1-4, 0-10 lbs.
    • $0.40 increase for Zones 5-9, 0-10 lbs.
    • $0.75 increase for Zones 1-4, 11-25 lbs.
    • $1.60 increase for Zones 5-9, 11-25 lbs.
    • $3.00 increase for Zones 1-4, 26-70 lbs.
    • $5.50 increase for Zones 5-9, 26-70 lbs.
4 Likes

Are you serious? Raising the rates for the holidays? What governmental business raises rates for the holidays?!

And … not once, not twice, but three times I’ve gone to my local “main hub” post office to mail swap items only to find it closed (even though the posted hours stated it should be open.) A postal worker told me they were no longer allowed overtime, which often made it impossible to staff the office during the entire hours of operation. And they’ve been told their customer-interaction staff is about to be cut by three people. Incredible!

Sorry for my rant. The post office used to be my most-loved governmental service. Not any more.

3 Likes

USPS is not run by the government, despite receiving a lil help from them. Y’all can blame the postmaster general for being a dust bucket.

6 Likes

It’s supposed to be a (mostly) self-funded governmental service. You know, to serve the country’s need to communicate, etc.

Also, since when is early October “the holidays”?

Sorry, the destruction of the American postal service is a real flash point for me. I’ll try to shut up now.

2 Likes

Got my packages sent this morning and already spent all of my points :slight_smile:

5 Likes

They did it last year, too, and given the appalling slowdowns of the last two years, it would be entirely reasonable if they actually used that money effectively for better staffing & costs of doing business… (I have a lot of complaints about the PO also, they don’t involve any of the employees doing the actual work.) But I’m also fortunate to be suburban enough to have a bunch of options of where to go if I need an actual PO building.

2 Likes