STS (Shop The Swap) 2022 Fall Market Discussion

Thanks. Yeah it’s been for a few months actually. I’ve been doing PT for the last month which has had some mixed results (I can weave for short periods now but other things are worse). I’m hoping it all gets resolved soon, constant pain is literally the worst.

Luckily I had quite a bit of weaving stock built up for my shop :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’m sorry Jenn. That sounds awful, I can’t imagine not having even a small break from the pain. I hope you find a treatment that works for you. :heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

This weekend is cupcake baking for an auction. I did a trail run yesterday and they turned out beautifully. Today is the real batch for the auction! Then this week I have plans for some new items for my shop. My work schedule is a little lighter this next week. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have three collage houses ready to be mounted and turned into art :heart: and I have some little fodder things I’ll be adding soon (including some funky pumpkins!). I’m hoping :crossed_fingers: I can have all of these things finished, photographed, and added by the end of the day :smile:

8 Likes

All the new things sound very exciting! :smiley: Looking forward to seeing them in the shops! :smile:

@susieoregon - the haunted house sounds really fun! :slight_smile:

@photojenn - so sorry to hear about your pain. :frowning: I hope it gets better asap. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Houses and Fodder Bits are now in my shop :house_with_garden: :mushroom: :jack_o_lantern: :heart:

5 Likes

I had to insta-claim one of the house collages :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m away for a few more days, but planning to make some pumpkins large & small when I get home….

4 Likes

The next thing I’m trying to make for my shop is kind of experimental (for me), so it’ll depend how that shakes out. My list of things I’d like to make could take me well into next year at this point.

6 Likes

LOL! I am the same. Got a long list of items I’d love to make to add to my shop. But not finding enough time or energy to make them. I did add a couple of tin birds.

7 Likes

me too on that! I have been so busy lately, but plan to have a bunch of stuff next time. It’s nice to know I can make random things and have a place to trade them.

5 Likes

I’ve been having severe FOMO watching this swap. I just couldn’t manage it but am planning ahead for next time!

9 Likes

Time has been my biggest issue. Still a couple weeks of football left for the little ones. That keeps me extra busy. lol

6 Likes

I don’t have a ton of time to craft right now either due to other swapping and life constraints, but I have been planning on what to make for the round next fall!

I haven’t been in a round in a while and didn’t quite know what to make, but now I feel like I have a better idea of what will and won’t sell to plan ahead for next time. I made sure this round to only make things that I could give away or use if they didn’t sell. I will definitely be using the notecards for future happy mail and will have hats to give my favorite coworkers for Christmas. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yes! Would love to see you in a future round! Start crafting a little each month & your shop will be all set!
(I should take my own advice LOL)

6 Likes

I agree with y’all about the long list of stuff wanting to make for the shops. I’ve already decided I would be making ahead for next time also. This has been a learning experience that’s forsure! :blush:.

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to next round too but I hope all of this talk of next time doesn’t mean the end of this round! We still have almost 4 weeks left :slight_smile:

5 Likes

But it’s too late to join! I just had a lot going on during the sign up period.

4 Likes

LOL. That is what it was sounding like to me too and there is still lots of time! I’m working on items. They are just taking me forever to complete. :turtle: :sloth: :snail: :yarn:

5 Likes

I am 96% finished with my Halloween cross-stitch. I still have Halloween cards that are halfway finished.
I added some stuff to my shop supply part. Just some beads, Posca markers, and resin molds Nothing crazy. I’m more annoyed than anything about the markers, but that’s on me for not looking close enough. Next time!

3 Likes