STS (Shop The Swap) 2022 Fall Market Discussion

I’m hoping to get some more added to my shop by the weekend or first of next week. I had a few other swaps to cover plus some possible health issues I’m trying to wrap my head around. So I’m crafting to keep busy!

8 Likes

I hope everything is okay. Don’t spread yourself too thin and stress yourself. Your health is the most important thing.

6 Likes

I went to my Post Office today and it was closed. I didn’t see anything online about it being closed. Does anyone know why?

2 Likes

I haven’t heard anything. Weird.

I went to my PO before they opened and used the kiosk. I didn’t see anything about a closure, but they have shut down before because they didn’t have enough staff that day to run the counter. Maybe that is what happened.

2 Likes

I’ve added a little tabletop tree ornament to my shop.

@Kwality570 sent 2 tiny balls of golden yarn as an extra with my claim and it worked fantastic for the little star. Thank you for sending that!

5 Likes

I was wondering the same thing, about staffing issues

1 Like

That’s cute but I am a huge fan of your gnomes. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

The tree is adorable! :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

I went by UPS to see if I could ship it there (nope, 3x’s the price) and they said they heard it was staffing issues. They could have at least put a note on the door.

4 Likes

My post office had the same issue, a couple of weeks back. They were closed like 4 times when I went there (including the serve-yourself package drop!) Only one time, was there a sign. I wonder if it’s a kind of soft boycott…

One of the workers later told me it was staffing issues, that they used to have no problem staffing because they were allowed to offer overtime, but now they are not allowed.

5 Likes

I couldn’t mail out yesterday at the contract station because their system was down. I know they had just gotten the update where they have to type in the whole address. Such a pita for them.

3 Likes

I used the kiosk for the first time. I didnt think the labels were as sticky as the regular ones. I put them in the drop box and after they disappeared i looked at the receipt and realized it didnt print. I was holding a blank piece of paper!
Its been one of those days. At least i know tomorrow will be better. Lol

8 Likes

Finally gave Little Guy his bag from @Lynx :smile: he loves it!!!

And I love that he can carry his own things to the park! :grin:

11 Likes

I like the kiosk for the most part, but the small labels can be confusing if you’re sending a lot of small packages at once. Super glad a contract station opened up closer to me than the regular P.O. I used to like the one in Ace Hardware, but then more people discovered it, there was a line in a boring aisle, and then I spent money at Ace because I felt bad going in there without buying something. They also usually had something I wanted to purchase so that was on me.
This new place is a gift shop, but most of the stuff is not my style. They do have fun cards, though.

4 Likes

I love this!

5 Likes

It is such a beautiful day when kids start carrying their own things! Ha!

8 Likes

@bluebird When Mr gets back with the receipt I’ll pm you the info. Just letting you know it’s on its way to @endymion . :blush:

In other news, I’ll hopefully have some new stuff in shop next week. I thought about doing some glue charms, and a couple of ornaments if y’all would be interested in those.

4 Likes

Ok, thanks!

2 Likes

I am going to hold off using my points until I know all my packages arrived safely after the kiosk debacle.

4 Likes