STS (Shop The Swap) 2022 Fall Market Discussion

I won’t be in the spring one, but hopefully I will have some stuff ready for the fall.

3 Likes

Anyone willing to host in the Fall?

1 Like

I don’t have enough experience with STS (or hosting!) to host. Would not be able to participate in spring, but maybe fall.

3 Likes

I forget how long the STS lasts… I get a bit harried around Halloween because I host a party every year, but outside of that I would be able to host.

3 Likes

That would be great! :slight_smile: The fall round usually starts in early Sept and ends in either late October or early Nov. About a month and a half or so. You can set the dates that would work best for you. Maybe something like open the first week of Sept and then open swapping ends on Oct 17 with Oct 17 - Oct 24 the over/under week? That would completely finish the swap a week before Halloween. :jack_o_lantern:

3 Likes

Yes, it would be fall for me too if I am able to participate even at that time. If i can get things ready before, then i would like to. It was fun before! :smiley:

3 Likes

@irid3sc3nt I think you’d do a great job!

3 Likes

That would be awesome, and I would greatly appreciate it. We normally have more swaps going on then and I didn’t want to leave the other mods to have to do them while I concentrated on this one! Plus, I already have some stuff (mainly notebooks right now) ready for this swap. Actually, I am working on something for it right now. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

(tiny cheer of “yay, someone else volunteered before I talked myself into overcommitting to something else.” Thanks, irid3sc3nt. :green_heart:)

8 Likes

After how many messages I sent bluebird in the last STS, I think we all proactively owe irid3sc3nt a cookie (or a stiff drink :joy:).

9 Likes

Maybe an organizer’s tax of getting to pick one left-over item from every shop or something? :laughing:

8 Likes

Hahaha! You all crack me up :rofl:

4 Likes

Please include me in updates about the Fall STS! I am currently focusing all of my energy on anxiety and depression (including lack of energy or interest in things I used to enjoy). I struggle with the weather this time of year. Gray, damp, cold, gray, wet and gray.

I always enjoy this swap and have bought patterns off Etsy to make things specifically for STS when I am feeling up to it. Thank you @irid3sc3nt! I would hate to not have this to look forward to. I’ll be back with lots of little crocheted goodness. :heart:

8 Likes

I use a lightbox over the winter months, even though we get sunshine most every day here, it’s just not enough.
If you can find a cheap ticket to fly to arizona or something for a few days, I rec that. Or a few full day visits to the tropical section of your botanic gardens, esp if they have grow lights.
You can join us over in the Chronic Pain & Illness Chat and Support. or msg me. I give virtual hugs!

@gozer, when does the STS fall 2023 discussion start? I see that 2022 started in July. I’m ready whenever.

4 Likes

You can start it any time! Take the helm. I can be your mod for the swap and if you need anything, let me know. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Okay, I’m working on a new post…

New post for the STS (Shop the Swap) 2023 Fall Market Discussion.

3 Likes

oof! My dtr has lived in Seattle area for the past 3 years & after visiting her multiple times, I have a lot more empathy for folks with SAD & other seasonal depression! It is SO messy & gloomy out there betw Oct and April-ish!
Hugs to you & I want you to know that your little crafted items from previous STS bring me joy every time I look at them! You are really good at what you do, so I’m eager to see your new shop! :heart:

3 Likes

It’s ready! Welcome to STS Fall Market 2023!

5 Likes

Alright, we have two swappers (besides myself) already!

3 Likes

Yahoo! Next week I am off work for my district’s county fair. I have lots of things to list, so I hope lots of claims are made when shipping is easy for me. Luckily, I can send GeekyBookworm the rest of the time. Excited!

4 Likes