STS (Shop The Swap) 2022 Fall Market Discussion

Its slow going, but I’m working on stuff.

4 Likes

@Kwality570 Those are super cute!!

@MelissaLeeDesigns , could you make a set of notecards? (or postcards) I always like to pick up some of those either to use or give as a gift.
Or something like this would be really cool (if it could fold flat for easier shipping): Papercut Houses - OGCrafts
And since I don’t really have a green thumb, I could use one of these: DIY Paper plants (thehousethatlarsbuilt.com)
[3d-paper-pumpkin2.jpg (600×465) (craftsbyamanda.com)]
I also thought this was cute: (https://craftsbyamanda.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/3d-paper-pumpkin2.jpg)
Not sure if these are the types of things you normally make, but maybe they will jump-start your thought process. (oh, and if you make ATC cards, you could offer those)

3 Likes

Thank you so very much💕. And I LOVE the pumpkin myself. I may have to try

3 Likes

sure! happy to brainstorm

3 Likes

@bluebird @gozer I was wondering about mailing of the items. I understand that points aren’t given until proof of shipment, but it’s okay if we only can mail once a week? My husband will have to take them for me and he’ll probably not want to go more then that. I might can talk him into twice a week. Also, if I take pictures of things with the stamps and address on them, that won’t have tracking, will that be okay as proof? I ask that because those can be mailed here in our box. It’s a locked box so it’s like mailing at the PO. Thank you!

3 Likes

Yes, you have 7 days to ship an item after a claim has been made. So even if you only shipped on Mondays, even a claim made the prior Monday would still be within the 7 day time frame to ship.

If you mean non-flat packages then unfortunately no, photos of stamped packages are not acceptable as proof. According to the lettucecraft shipping rules packages are required to have tracking when shipping. The exception to this if for flat items that the post office does not allow tracking on. If your item is a flat paper item (example an ATC card mailed in a regular greeting card) and can be mailed as a 1st class letter, then yes you can send it as 1st class letter without tracking as long as you agree if your letter goes missing you will remake, resend or refund the points. All other non-flat packages need to have tracking.

Swap rules for lettuce craft are here:

The part I’m referring to are these quotes:

~ Mailing your swap items to your swap partner
For packages sent within the U.S., you must use package tracking when you mail your package.

Exception to the tracking rules: some shipping places (like the US Post Office) won’t do package tracking/delivery confirmation on packages that are too thin, such as normal envelopes. Because of this, papercraft swaps are exempt from the tracking requirements, BUT participants are required to resend if for any reason their package is not received.

You can buy postage labels with tracking online from your home from the USPS or other places like Pirateship, Endicia, stamps.com etc. for first class and priority mail packages and they will provide tracking numbers. You just buy and print out the postage and tape it to your package, and then drop it at any USPS blue mailbox. Some of those sites listed require a monthly member fee (endicia, stamps.com) but the USPS does not. And while I have not used pirateship yet, I don’t think they require a monthly service fee either.

3 Likes

I’m so glad there are 7 days to ship because with my new job, I no longer pass a post office (well, I do), but not during the hours it is open, so now I’m only able to ship on Saturdays. Mr. Lynx works long hours, so he can’t ship for me.

3 Likes

Does your post office have an APC machine? I used to use that a lot after hours at our post office.

The one I usually use does not (small rural office). The new ones I pass by I haven’t stopped in, so I don’t know.

2 Likes

I’ve recently started using pirateship and it’s been a breeze!
Plus it has discounts on every pkg, even flat rate boxes are a couple of bucks cheaper
And you are correct— no monthly fee

2 Likes

Good to know! Thank you! I was planning on using them this round. :pirate_flag:

2 Likes

Yes-- I highly recommend pirateship or shippo as long as you have a printer & a postage scale at home. They’re both free to use & give you aggregate business discounts, and then you can just drop off the packages without waiting in line at the PO. (I will even put smaller things into the outgoing mailbox.)

2 Likes

Ooh! Thanks for the tip! I will have to try these out. I go into the office 3 days a week and it is so much easier to ship from here. The PO near my house isn’t nearly as close or fast and it is behind a Chic-Fil-A that is ALWAYS packed around the building. You have to kind of wait for them to move to get to the PO. The line moves fast (it’s a chic-fil-a after all) but it’s still weird.

2 Likes

Ooo, thanks! I hadn’t heard of shippo before. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s what I was meaning by the non trackable ones, like ATC’S and the flat stuff. I’ve read those rules 2-3 times now lol I wanted to make sure mostly that it would be okay with the once a week mail :love_letter:

Thank you for answering my questions! :blush:

3 Likes

You’re welcome! :blush:

For the flat envelopes, you don’t need a photo of the envelope when sending. You are on your honor about that because you agreed to remake, resend or refund the points if it goes missing. Hope that clears up that part too! :blush:

3 Likes

as far as supplies go, I would love a few rolls of washi tape in bright colors, if anyone is planning a destash

3 Likes

One week left to go before the swap opens! :partying_face: :jack_o_lantern:

3 Likes

Gah! Only a week!?!? I’d better get on making some more items!

5 Likes

Ooh, yes! I completely forgot that we can offer supplies too! I need to destash so badly. :laughing:

4 Likes