STS (Shop The Swap) 2022 Fall Market Discussion

Custom cookies are again available in my shop!
:yum:
I should be mailing current orders on Thursday and will update the cookie pictures in my shop, to show those batches.

… and now orders are on hold again. Thanks for the interest in the cookies!

9 Likes

doesn’t take long to go broke (for me at least)
:smiley:

edit: oh goody goody goody @endymion !!

5 Likes

I never thought I would like doing a little more work at home to prep the pkgs for shipping, but I am a huge fan of pirate ship now! Esp once I discovered that even postal flat rate box rates are 2 bucks cheaper through them… It all adds up!
(can’t remember if I posted here, but I found out about one of their services that cuts WAY down on international costs)

5 Likes

Good to know! I’ve always just gone to the post office to ship but think I’ll try pirate ship whenever I send next.

3 Likes

I’ve been using pirateship for this swap and I’m really happy with them. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Me too! Pirateship FTW!

5 Likes

I added a few new items to my shop and should be open later today.

6 Likes

Nothing new from me this week. It’s been so smoky outside here. It gave me a head cold that I’m currently dealing with. Hope to be back to it next week. I will work on getting my two items out today or tomorrow.

8 Likes

Feel better!

4 Likes

I am so sorry. I only saw the smoke significantly on Saturday because the winds were blowing ash my way. My car had a light dusting of ash all day Saturday. The winds shifted and I haven’t seen it since. I am sorry you are so much closer to the fires. :frowning: I hope you have reprieve from their effects.

5 Likes

Oh dear! Feel better and stay safe!

4 Likes

Oh I hate wildfires and smoke. So hard physically and mentally. Take care of yourself. :heart:

7 Likes

I added a 4x6 art piece and some ATCs to my shop

5 Likes

I was considering using Pirate Ship, and then read some of the complaints about them at the Better Business Bureau site.

https://www.bbb.org/us/wy/jackson/profile/mailing-services/pirate-ship-1296-1000088099/complaints

While I’m sure all businesses get a few complaints here and there, the nature of some of these complaints makes me hesitant. Several people are staying their name and address were being used as “shipped by” on many packages, when they had no knowledge of said packages.

3 Likes

I have dug through my studio and found more goodies… I added a handful of ceramic ornaments, a rattle, and a set of shot glasses. In full disclosure, there is an item in one of the new shops that I have wanted since I first saw one more than a year ago! I am in cahoots with a shop individual already for a custom item but need a couple more points for my wish list piece… If anyone feels that a price on something I am offering seems too high send me a message. I have lowered a couple of prices too… hoping to entice a few more claims… :grin:

3 Likes

I was going to use Pirate Ship, but I put the info in and it said $7 and some change. I wanted to see how much I would save so I took it to the Post Office, and they Office shipped it for $5 & change.
I had to have been doing something wrong.

3 Likes

@artsycandice - you could also run a sale in your shop to try and earn some quick points. :slight_smile: Buy1 point get 1 free, or Buy 2 get 1 free etc.

2 Likes

Ask and ye shall receive! :wink:

3 Likes

Ooh! I forgot about that option!

1 Like

Alrighty, I’m going to try this sale thing…

For every 2 points spent get a 1 pt item for free! (example, spend 4 points, get 2 free, etc…)
I think I’ll keep the sale on for a few days… Thank you everyone! :blush:

6 Likes