STS (Shop The Swap) 2022 Fall Market Discussion

My shop is looking a little depleted, but I’m crocheting, crocheting, crocheting and should have more items on Monday. Here’s a sneak peek:

11 Likes

With Pilot in the background of course :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ah, ok

so cute!

I’m finishing up a hat with pompom (from a chunky Cupcake kit) and a mesh market bag, so am hoping folks are in the “market” (hardy har har) for those!
I’m also hoping to crochet a little something – we shall see if that works or not! (since knitting is my main yarn “language”)

2 Likes

So cute!!! I have a little Finnish gnome collection that comes out for Christmas… just sayin’ :wink:

4 Likes

I may have to side-arm you for that one… my Norwegian roots show every year when I get together with my sister to make lefse and krub. lol. I may have bought some gnome stickers at the Scandinavian festival this year too…

Ah heck… @susieoregon, my dear, I think you’re gping to have to make a few more. :laughing:I’m not starting a fight with the lovely @Reinikka :kissing_closed_eyes::blush:

6 Likes

We could just have a race to see who can get to her first (I think I live closer! HA) :innocent: There really are so many things in this swap I already want that there will be no hard feelings if you claim it first :heart:

7 Likes

Tomorrow I don’t have to be anywhere. I get the whole day to craft! :heartbeat:

8 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Same, same. I am enjoying the pace of this swap. It’s a bit insane this go-round! lol

6 Likes

I am making 3 gnomes in different colors. :heart:

9 Likes

Me too! This is my first STS so I didn’t know what to expect but I’m having a lot of fun!

6 Likes

I’m working on some things for my shop. It looks really sad compared to y’all’s! But, it’ll cheer up over the weekend! :relaxed:

@photojenn it’s my first one too! I’m enjoying it so far. Learning as I go. Perhaps the next one, for me, will be a bit more prepared and I’ll know the basics at least.

6 Likes

I’m another first-timer and having a blast as well! Don’t some people make things all year and save them for STS? Didn’t it always used to be a twice-a-year event, every spring and every fall?

8 Likes

That’s me! I’m very much a “buy supplies first, then get inspired to make something” crafter, so I love that I can make whatever I want, basically, and the things will still find new homes! I just have a milk crate that things get added to over time as I finish them.

5 Likes

It is often twice a year. In my case, since I sell ceramics at markets and festivals during the year I always seem to have small items I can offer and even “trials” of one-off things that I don’t end up selling. I usually put randoms like that into sale bins but love being able to use them as “currency” for this swap. <3 I pulled from my regular stock too though this time. This is one of my favorite swaps. I couldn’t realistically do it more than twice a year though because shipping ceramics adds up fast. My smallest packages ship for $5.50 and they go up from there. lol

7 Likes

I haven’t been in this swap in a very long time and it’s neat to remember what I made back then compared to where I am now.

7 Likes

I’ve added two more groups of small dishes & a sale on the ancient-of-days giant buttons you might remember from back at the old site…

6 Likes

Added a beaded infinity scarf and reduced some prices. More stuff will be added soon!

3 Likes

yes, it is usually in the spring and fall. The spring one this year was cancelled due to lack of interest, but this fall round is certainly making up for that! :smile:

4 Likes

I’m so glad you joined! Also others who are new to this swap— it seems to work best when everyone is offering different items in their shops, and I would say this round has a nice variety!

4 Likes