STS (Shop the Swap) 2023 Fall Market Discussion

I’ll add them back soon. I just need some extra time for the positivity swap. It’s supposed to be a small swap…but I have these two ideas that are too perfect not to try.

3 Likes

completely understand! I’ll just hoard a few points in anticipation :cookie:

1 Like

They have fruit. You’re good to go for breakfast.

5 Likes

My store is closed again until I can mail items on Monday and make some more claims.

2 Likes

I got mine today, too! They are very yummy.
:yum:

4 Likes

Good to see you, kayrun---- thank you for the welcome @susieoregon & everyone else!

My shop’s officially open!! :slight_smile:
Shop MGR

7 Likes

I’m making some cards that have frayed edges and my son volunteers to fray them for me. While I’m currently going through messages, he’s watching some videos about Minecraft and using the little tool thingy I have on the cards. Fist Pump
Now I can work on Phase II.

Have a relaxing or productive Sunday!

8 Likes

sounds like a win-win!
excited to see your cards – sounds like a neat technique :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t want to hype them up in case they aren’t that great. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You guys are all so talented. There isn’t one shop that hasn’t caught my eye! I’m hoping to get the chance to make a few more things soon, but I had a busy busy weekend---- our foster kitten is at her (hopefully!) new home for an overnight trial; and I have to finish writing my court report (I volunteer for CASA) tomorrow somehow on one of the days of the week I don’t get a lunch bc of a lunch meeting. :sweat_smile: :sos:

Sooo, maybe next weekend. Hopefully.

@susieoregon those flower bookmarks are so cute!! They are new, right?

Kitten pics for tax. She helped me make a curtain for the kitchen on Friday (I don’t let the cats on any of my craft supplies normally, but this was just for us so I allowed it. Haha)

7 Likes

There is a mischievous glint to those little eyes. Cute!

ETA: I have a lot of mail to go through tomorrow. I got it this evening after the sun went down. I’m certain some of your packages are in there. I recognize a witch stamp on the edge of my address :sparkles:

3 Likes

What a cute kitty!

Yes, those flower bookmarks are new! I worked on them this weekend.

@irid3sc3nt - I’ve been using your stamps I claimed last STS for my packages this year. :heart:

4 Likes

That is so cool! I was very happy to see it in action.

1 Like

I actually claimed 2 witch stamps from you, an owl and the Xmas ornament stamps. I made my own holiday wrapping paper last year with the ornaments and all the paper bags from grocery pickup (I love doing pickup, but end up with a lot of bags).

It turned out great and I received lots of compliments! I love them and you inspired me to carve some of my own stamps.

I can’t wait for the mushroom stamp to arrive. My local post office has it, but it’s been delayed twice. I am at the very end of the route so my stuff gets delayed a lot. Hopefully today!!

3 Likes

I love that you created your own wrapping paper with my stamps. Aw, I’m getting a warm fuzzy from it. I would like to carve some more this year, I just haven’t gotten around to it. I have crafts for this swap in various stages of development. I would have liked to have put up my cards today, but I ran out of my Tombow and did not have anymore in my adhesives drawer. Sad.

What have you carved??

3 Likes

I have lots of rubber and bought more carving tools, but I haven’t gotten back into it. I’m sure I will start doing it more now that the weather is cooling down. I only a window a/c unit in my bedroom and in the evenings I tend to find shelter in there, but my craft space is very limited in that tiny room.

8 Likes

Those are awesome! Did you find it difficult to do letters? I do, but I go for it anyway.

I hear ya about heat. In our apartment in Iowa City we only had a window A/C in the bedroom and we kept that room shut so we could at least sleep well on really hot days. I don’t really know how we did it. I suppose we just propped the windows open and used lots of fans.

Here in Denver, my craft room gets hot in the summer when the sun moves to the west side of the house. I only have one vent and my register booster is so janky I couldn’t have it on anymore because of the noise. So I moved a few items downstairs to the kitchen table in July. And it’s still there. Yep, it’s September.

3 Likes

I am back home and will be sending out packages today! Hopefully will also be able to add more items to my store. Love all the cat pics!

Here is my helper. Loves to mange my mouse usage.

9 Likes

Oh, the guilt trips. Ha! Why are you petting this when you should be petting me?

4 Likes

I’ll be traveling for work this week, but will be able to send any claims out of the weekend. I also added a couple of tea wallets to my shop as well. Welcome @MollyGoRound!

6 Likes