STS (Shop the Swap) 2023 Fall Market Discussion

Added some little bird notecards to my shop. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Those are cute! If they are still available after GB mails my current pending claims, Iā€™ll have to snag some! I love your cute birdies.

2 Likes

They are so cute!

I wonā€™t be able to get to the post office until this weekend, otherwise I would claim a set right now!

3 Likes

Haha! I had points available and snagged some (I thinkā€¦)

5 Likes

To send to me?? :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone! :blush:

I can make more if the ones you wanted are gone, or I can do a custom set too. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Have fun this weekend! I had the most STS messages todayā€¦ 18!

7 Likes

I sent 1/3 of those! Haha.

Sent all my claims and then spent all my points.

4 Likes

adorable!!

and @Lynx , you are really good at keeping our little STS economy going! It is tempting for me to hoard points, but I need to remember that if we all spread the points around, it is more fun for everybody! And it all works out at the end :heart_decoration:

5 Likes

Many years I donā€™t seem to make many sales (or it feels that way), but this year I have, so I am having a ton of fun spending. (And donā€™t feel I have to hoard as much.)

6 Likes

Itā€™s been a bit difficult to tell apart some of the messages. Would yā€™all please send separate messages for each of the claimed, sent, received? Please put CLAIM, SENT, or RECEIVED in the title as well. I donā€™t mind having lots of messages when it helps me keep the swap easily organized. Thank you and have a fun Sunday! :partying_face:

9 Likes

Will do! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So itā€™s better to start a new message for each phase of the process?
(Rather than hitting reply)
Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve been part of the confusionā€¦. Sorry!

1 Like

Yes, a new message for each step is helpful. You can copy/paste from the running list.
Itā€™s nice to be able to batch process all claims, etc, then I donā€™t have to keep switching brain gears :brain: :gear:

5 Likes

I like to copy the current message, hit reply, hit the plus sign that lets me ā€œreply to group in new messageā€ (or something like that), then change the pm title.

@irid3sc3nt I save all my Ornament Swap (which has a lot of messages like this one) into a tab on my computer browser bar. I have a folder for each participant and when they send mesages, I bookmark them into that folder. I can edit the bookmark title (message title) when I do that or even after the fact. For example, the bookmark title may say: lynx to abc for xyz SENT. This makes it so easy for me to go back and search for certain messages if I need to.

6 Likes

Thanks for explaining how you copy a message and change subject line.
I get confused when it gives me options on how to do the message!
Also @irid3sc3nt
For your patience & explanation

3 Likes

That was the bit I had completely failed to figure out how to do, thanks!

2 Likes

I have done some bookmarking like that for my partner Qs if I didnā€™t print them out or thereā€™s too much info to write down (right now I have only sticky notes at my ā€œdeskā€). It would be nice to have folders within our messages, but itā€™s probably annoying to create that system on this site or sweets would have done it by now, I think.

I usually have something recorded on one of the spreadsheets or on the swap list and I occasionally check yā€™alls lists under your shops, but claims can slip if theyā€™re at the bottom of a message chain.

Iā€™m happy with being this swap organizer. Iā€™m mostly disappointed in myself for not making more stuff over the summer. Iā€™m making more stuff as the swap goes on, plus for other swaps. :ghost:

5 Likes

I wonder if thereā€™s a way to do a google form or similar. It wouldnā€™t be part of the site so it might not be a great idea. It might also be hard if not everyone was using it. But google forms respondes go directly into a google sheet which could make it really easy to track everything.

3 Likes

Hmmm. I havenā€™t used google forms before.