STS (Shop the Swap) 2023 Fall Market Discussion

I have more bird clocks and bird cards and other random odds and ends. :slight_smile:
Yes, thanks @irid3sc3nt for taking on this huge hosting job! You’re the bomb! (Wow, did we all feel like we went back into time with that one?)

4 Likes

My body is prohibiting me from really doing any weaving or crochet lately so I will need to think of items I can make for my shop. You all bought me out of all my weaving surplus during the last STS :joy:

7 Likes

I am going to offer up all the hats I made last year. Truly, we had no cold weather so I had no opportunity to donate to the shelters this year…no one wanted anything “winter”!

I also have scarves, shawls, notebook covers, and would be open to making anything fabric to use up my stash: baskets, knot purses, rice bags, kimono bags, etc.

I would like notecards, pendant necklaces, weird or unusual earrings, art, and probably a lot of other things I don’t even know I want! ha

5 Likes

I’d like to try to get in this round. We’ll see if I can build up some inventory before Fall. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi made some earrings last round that I bought for my sis. She loved them! My son also has a necklace of hers that he loves to wear around. I think he likes it more than his shark tooth necklace.

3 Likes

Yay! Always nice to know one’s efforts are appreciated!

4 Likes

I’m thinking of making themed, cute, little grab bags for my shop. Maybe different sizes. A couple of the themes I’m thinking about doing… Sewing , kids (boy & girl), crafting tidbits , etc… They might have little things in them (4-5) like… Well that would be the surprise! Lol I’m not sure how many things will be in each one yet, i think they’d end up being good stocking stuffers. :grinning::christmas_tree:Or just a fun little treat.

Also, i need a good name for my shop this year. Any ideas?:thinking: I really stink at coming up with names for anything. :smirk:

3 Likes

JuJu’s Jumble Store

I like the idea of a grab bag of stocking stuffers!

We used to do this for stockings and on Christmas day, everyone had fun trading or sharing what they got!

4 Likes

Juju’s Jewels?

I would be interested in claiming:
Trash container for my car (same as @gozer!)
Sets of small cards to use for swap packages, gifts
Ceramic kitchen spoon rest
Ceramic condiment dish(es)
ATCs
Teesha patches - looking for ART- related ones in particular (famous artists/works of art, specific art styles like zentangle, etc. the letters A, T, and C, or the word ART, etc. I already have an artist’s palette, so not that.)
Throw pillows / throw pillow covers
Socks/slippers (to fit my size 9.5 feet!)
Placemats / tablecloths
Christmas / winter or fall decor
Christmas ornaments
Other things that may catch my eye!

Thinking about offering some of the items below (Sound interesting to anyone? Would love feedback!)
Temari balls
Pysanky (Ukrainian Easter eggs— yes, realize they wouldn’t be seasonal…)
ATCs (certain themes that interest people?)
Yarn-wrapped, decorated wreaths
Quirky metal sculptures
Painted wood figures
Teesha patches (are there certain themes people might want?)
Embroidered kitchen tea towels
Kitchen art

I probably won’t offer custom cookies this time. It was exciting to get so many claims, but it kept me very busy!

Looking forward to another round of STS!

7 Likes

Ooo, temari, yesss :scream_cat::heart_eyes:

I like the Easter egg idea. It might be fun to just have a decorative egg for any time with a polyclay stand or piece of circular wood with a divot to place the egg on.

3 Likes

Most definitely! I really love my socks/slippers you made for me in a swap! If they aren’t to difficult to make, those would be great in your store! I know i would be interested!:grinning:

2 Likes

@AIMR @endymion those are great names! I like both of them!

Also things I would be interested in:
Slipper socks (I also wear 9 1/2 -10)
ATC’s (fantasy, snow globe, character faces,…)
Address labels
Needle minders
Handmade beads - paper or clay
Fingerless gloves
Felt critters -
Felt Patches/badges
Crocheted critters
Fiber Dangles
Stocking stuffers for men

I could go on and on! lol y’all are so talented here!:blush:

2 Likes

More tin birds? Or are you tired of those?

2 Likes

More? Really? Maybe… will have to see what materials I still have for those.

4 Likes

The metal sculptures sound cool! I think I might like one of those.

Some things I am hoping to make:
Seasonal amigurumis
Crocheted wall hangings (moons or moon phases?)
Crocheted throw pillow cover
Gnome hanging towel topper for kitchen
Dog/Cat bow ties (attach to collars - I bought a sewing pattern, but haven’t tried it yet. :grimacing: kinda scared, but I think I can do it)

Things I would like to see:
Address labels (Halloween maybe?)
Tarot related crafts/home decor - for my SIL (would love a “tarot readings” sign)
Gifts for men
Dog related crafts (bandanas, collars, cold weather fleece jacket)
Lotions, lip balms, scented wax melts, bath bombs, stuff like that. I love lemon/lemongrass scent and aromatherapy stuff.
Halloween & Xmas decor.
Candies, yummy stuff.
Magnets, ornaments, friendship bracelets.

I am a skilled crocheter and an unskilled sewer (but I’m working on it!) Feel free to ask for crocheted stuff and I’ll try to make it.

6 Likes

I love them! If I do keep my job, I have a whole lot of space for them!

3 Likes

Here is a guaranteed sale. I need these little scrubbies made with the scrubbie yarn in green. I would gladly buy a set.

This one is overused and needs to be traded out.

4 Likes

Ha, I saw the pic first and was wondering why you were holding up moss. Not moss at all!

3 Likes

Nope, just a dirty scrubby. Ha! I got it at a craft show, and I love that thing. Sadly, I do not crochet so I can’t make more.

2 Likes

Man, those scrubbies are useful, but the scrubby yarn is a killer to crochet! I usually crochet scrubbies out of tulle.

1 Like