STS (Shop the Swap) 2023 Fall Market Discussion

Hanging upside-down ornament, maybe? Not super-cartoony would be best. (He’s into vampire-themed Magic cards.)

2 Likes

I’ll see what I can do!

3 Likes

the dragons sound fun!
I will have to look up your cat ornaments…I bet they are neat
watercolor art is always appreciated :heart:

ooops, I should have read further! I see your photos now :slight_smile:
I am totally in love with the dragon/crate idea!!
also monsters, you say?? very interested

and @gozer glad you can join in!
hmmm, I’d better get some stuff ready to go!

eta: I just found this cute monster I could knit & am wondering if anyone would be interested in such? of course, colors depending on my stash but I have quite a bit of variety

2 Likes

I played a bit, but I think a realistic hanging bat is beyond me, alas. Sorry!

3 Likes

Oh, well. Thanks for trying! It’s beyond me, too (I tried making one last Christmas), but I could tell your skills were way above mine!

2 Likes

There’s something about a realistic bat that is quite challenging. Maybe it’s all the textures and veining.

3 Likes

There’s also a lot of different facial features depending on what kind of bat you choose.

4 Likes

Wow, usually when I think of STS it’s never within the signup period! I’ll have to think and see what I can gather— I’ve actually got a few piles of things that I was looking for motivation to start on; this might be what I need!

7 Likes

Yes, that is excellent!

2 Likes

I made your gold dragon this weekend! Are we allowed to list items as reserved in our shops?

3 Likes

Hmm… I don’t think there are any rules against that. You can list it as a custom item for thanate.

1 Like

A-ha! Here it is:

Can I offer custom items in my shop?
Custom items can be offered, but they must be finished and sent in a timely manner (so keep this in mind and only offer custom items that you can finish quickly). When completed, custom items should be posted and reserved on hold for the person you made them for. The person can then submit a formal claim for the custom item.

Putting custom items on hold (for a short duration) in your shop is at your discretion. Only items that are currently listed in your shop can be customized and put on hold. Example: you listed blue hats in your shop and a custom request came in for a red hat. You agree and make the red hat. You can then list the red hat in your shop on hold for the requester. The requester then can submit a formal claim for the red hat. Regarding the short duration: this is a reasonable amount of time for the requester to make the formal claim. If after a reasonable amount of time passes without a formal claim being submitted, then please remove the item off of hold and allow it to be open for claiming to other swappers.

4 Likes

I’m not inclined to change any rules with STS, just organize it :innocent:

6 Likes

Thank you for clarifying! I super appreciate it.

4 Likes

Oh wow, it’s almost the 1st of September! I will be setting up the swap this Friday. Don’t worry, you’ll have until the 15th to sign up. That will give you two weekends to craft stuff if you are busy during the week.

9 Likes

I’m toying with the idea of having a listing for a dozen homemade cookies in my store. Person could choose one: standard choc chip, cranberry bliss, old fashioned applesauce, oatmeal cinnamon almond, or surprise (you’d get a mystery flavor with any dietary restrictions taken into account).

Would anyone be interested?

6 Likes

@endymion made cookies one year and they were a huge hit.

3 Likes

Yes! Sounds delicious! I’m not planning to do cookies this year, even though they were extremely popular last year. (Got a lot going on here.)

5 Likes

I’d be interested!

3 Likes

Yes! Assuming I get enough projects ready in time!

4 Likes