STS (Shop The Swap) Spring Market 2021 Discussion

High school computer science and engineering, so 9-12. We’ve just gone back to part hybrid, so each class has 2 groups of hybrid students and one of all-online. It’s such a circus. I’ve missed them, but this juggling act is nuts and I’m just so tired every day. I think the teachers are counting down the days even more than the kids usually do this year.

1 Like

oh wow…that definitely would mess with my brain bigtime!
we have been in person all year, amazingly (very small rural district), but it’s been
different & somewhat stressful anyway~

I actually got back on here to ask if anyone would be interested in spinning fiber? I thought I was going to get into spinning, but it just hasn’t happened & I really should pass some fluff along…

2 Likes

Fiber, you say? :wink:

I believe there are a few spinners in this group…just saying.

1 Like

fiber!!! Um, yes please!

That is to say, if nobody else is. And you are truly interested in rehoming some of it. While not being greedy.

I used to offer fiber from our texel sheep back in the day. That was when we had so many sheep we hired a professional shearer. Now we have more hair sheep than texel and do our own shearing. And the results are so very not professional!

1 Like

I believe I have some of that in my fiber stash :smiley:

1 Like

okay!
I will get together a post today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Woot! It sounds like there are a lot of fiber enthusiasts! Some of the best kind!

Miss Babs is having an out-door PopUp next weekend. I cannot WAIT to squish the yarns! See the colorways. Dream knitted dreams. My friend has put me on the hunt for the one that looks like Lemon Curd Bars. Be still my heart. If they have Coffee Break, imma get it.

1 Like

oh, what a fab experience to look fwd to!
I was able to go to one of the final Stitches South a few years ago and
shopped in the Miss Babs booth in the marketplace they had there.
Between that, the Plucky booth, and the Tolt booth(I think it was?), I was in yarn heaven!

1 Like

I haven’t heard of Tolt! I will have to check It out!

Ok, shoppers!
I have added some fiber as well as a few misc lots of things you might want if you are in the mood to alter things?

Linky link = CLOSED - STS (Shop The Swap) Spring Market 2021

1 Like

It’s been a busy week but I have finally added some more cramic magnets. I will be cleaning my studio today (:rofl:) and hope to find even more goodies.

7 Likes

They are so very nicely done!

1 Like

I’m in the mood to knit something out of my usual mode, so I’m looking at a wall hanging – supposed to be quick with thick yarn…
would there be any interest in such? (I’d prob send it on scrap yarn and you could add your own stick or dowel)

3 Likes

That’s really pretty.

I like that!

I really like that too. Do you have other colors options?

I will have to toss the stash & get back to you –
I’m sure I have several color options (I don’t think this one takes much yarn)

Also, I finally measured the coral shawl in my shop & it’s bigger than I remembered…
approx. 64" x 50" x 38"
in case anyone was on the fence on that one :slight_smile:

Got one pkg mailed by the time the PO closed this morning (small town, only 2 hours on Sat, LOL)
So another will go out Mon. and more shopping will commence!
@saintcady, I am eyeing some of that lovely yarn!
Apparently I am a yarn collector, I just don’t knit it up that quickly :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m a big time yarn collector. I don’t feel so bad about the random acrylic laying around, but those pretty handspun deserve a better home. :grin:

I caught up on all my sendouts and have goodies on the way. Yay!

4 Likes