STS (Shop The Swap) Spring Market 2022 Discussion

I debate joining this swap every. Single. Time. My main hesitation is that I don’t have ready made stuff and I always seem to have gift WiPs needing attention to be done on time taking up whatever craft time i can eek out of my days.
But once again, I’m thinking on it…

3 Likes

@fishstix43 - yay! :smiley:

@Abbeeroad and @AntBee - would love to have you both in the swap! Antbee, are there any smaller projects that might be fun to make that don’t take a lot of time?

1 Like

We now have dates! Signups start March 1, all other dates listed in the first post! :blush:

There aren’t really right now. I think with WiPs, a swap, and some planned time-sensitive projects on the docket already I’ll have to be a responsible adult and watch this round from the sidelines. Maybe I can work up some stuff over summer to be able to take part in Autumn.

1 Like

I say this to myself every.single.round :smile:

3 Likes

I’ve never done one of these but seriously thinking about it.

My concern is the postage … if my items aren’t small or flat, doesn’t it add up to quite a bit?

And … is there an approximate dollar value associated with each point? I saw some things listed as 1 point in past swaps that would cost me $20 to buy locally but at the same time 4 simple notecards for 1 point. How do you determine the point value?

2 Likes

Would love to have you in the swap! :slight_smile:

Yes, postage could cost a lot if you are shipping something heavy or that isn’t flat/small. If you are concerned about shipping, I suggest looking up the approximate cost for shipping something before adding it to your shop, or offering smaller, flatter items to keep shipping costs down.

As for pricing, its what you think is a fair price for your item. You could think of it as the time you invested or the cost of supplies, or a mix of the two. And you can also use the guidelines for approximate small, medium, large items in the swap rules page. The $20 item for 1 point may have been purchased on sale, or someone being generous and just wanting to see the item go to a happy home where it will be loved. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We have some travel scheduled over this timeframe so I am going to sit this round out. For those considering it, give it a try! I always use this swap to find handmade items beyond my capabilities for gifts and to send some of my handmade things to good homes.

4 Likes

Swap signups are open! :grin:

1 Like

Oh I may need to join this one. It’s one of my favorites

1 Like

I participated in a STS a long time ago and it was a lot of fun!

USPS is sending small parcels to New Zealand again, but I do wonder whether the postage costs and time might still be a bit too challenging. Thinking hard ……

1 Like

Sent in my Q! Working on getting my pictures so I can open this weekend.

1 Like

Welcome to the swap! :blush:

Hope you all can join us!

Due to lack of interest, I’m going to go ahead and pull the swap. Hopefully there will be enough interest later in the fall. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh boohoo

When does the Fall STS usually begin? I am planning on joining and wanted to get a head start on creating a few items.

Sometime in September is the usual start of the swap. :slight_smile:

I’m interested, planning on joining in On the fun!:smiley:

1 Like

the fall STS will open soon, if you are watching this thread please join us here in the current discussion topic! :partying_face:

1 Like

News about the Spring 2023 STS being talked about here. :shopping: :shopping: