Sugar Skull Inspired Rabbit Plushie

I made this for @EriChanHime in the Creature Comfort Swap. She had an extensive and varied list but I latched onto the lop eared rabbit and wanted to do something more with that. Also on her list were sugar skulls. I knew what had to happen. My first go at this was much smaller. I stitched up the pieces and cut them out but they didn’t feel like enough. So I redrew the pattern and voila, this biggie was born. Her size is just right, although she us challenging to photograph. lol
The pointed hands were inspired by Mister Finch but didn’t quite turn out how I imagined. They work but I wish I would have taken some of their edge off. lol

Smokey skies:

Some process pictures:

The new and old pattern pieces side-by-side:

Let the painting commence!

33 Likes

Wow! That’s impressive.

3 Likes

This is stunning! I love it!

3 Likes

amazing! That would’ve been hard to part with

3 Likes

Beautiful creation! I love her floppy ears, her fluffy tail, and her big feet! And her decoration, of course.

3 Likes

Oh, I’m in love! This is spectacular!

3 Likes

That is absolutely stunning.

3 Likes

Love, love, love this. It’s a piece of art.

2 Likes

This is just too awesome to believe. Beautiful painting, amazing design, and just plain adorable!

2 Likes

:astonished: what an amazing bunny!! I especially love the big feet. The painting just really makes her special.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone. Once I upsized this I had a lot more fun with it. I probably could have painted on it for another week but needed to stop at some point. It was fun seeing her sitting on my work table every day. I enjoyed her presence. She is happy in her new home though, I am sure. :wink:

6 Likes

Sizing up was definitely a good choice! Love it. :green_heart:

1 Like

Fantastic. I love your color palette. The vibrancy of the palette adds to the feeling of the joy and movement within the designs.

1 Like

Oh beautiful :white_heart:

1 Like

I really love the detail in the painting, the buttons on the arms, and the big ol’ floppy feet. Really nicely done!

1 Like

What a fun project…the process alone was probably exhilarating! Love the extra long ears…looks like she will be a wonderful companion!

Congrats! Your Sugar Skull Inspired Rabbit is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

2 Likes

:gift_heart: :rabbit2: Thank you!

This is beautiful.

1 Like

This bunny is really a work of art! She is beautiful.

1 Like