Swap Ideas for Round 5

Next Wednesday, Sign-ups will open for the Lettuce All Raffle. Before then, we get to discuss what theme we would prefer. If a theme doesn’t get picked, it will be put on the list for possibilities of the next round. Hopefully, we will have many rounds in the future.

Current Suggestions:
Use the Good Stuff
Trees
Winter
Best of
Bright
Beach
Spring/summer
Favourite things

Any thoughts?

For ideas how about
Beach
Spring/summer
Favourite things

I have added them. They could be a lot of fun. Any preferences?

Could you please elaborate for me how this swap works? :see_no_evil:

1 Like

A Raffle swap is a very low stress swap. A theme is chosen, usually at the end of the previous raffle but this is the first on Lettuce. :wink:
Anyone wanting to join will make a medium sized craft that fits the theme, post a picture of it in the swap thread, and send in their questionnaire to sign up for the swap. Then they just chat about the other crafts posted in the thread and encourage one another in the thread until sign ups are closed.

All the crafts and swappers will be randomly matched up, taking allergies and the like into account, and an address will be sent to each person. That address is where they will send their craft within 2 weeks time. No one knows who they are receiving from and so everyone gets a nice craft surprise in the mail.

I usually post a picture of my craft and immediately package it for mailing so that when I get the address, all I have to do is write it on the package and put it in the mail. Nice and stress free. :hugs:

Does that make sense?

4 Likes

It does, thank you! I hope I have enough swap spots free for all the fun things I want to join :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I know the feeling. Swaps are great!

2 Likes

This sounds interesting. I have never been a part of this kind of a swap.

2 Likes

It is really fun. I became slightly addicted to then on the C’ster.

1 Like

I like your ‘bright’ and ‘winter’ theme options.

1 Like

Those are my favorites too.

1 Like

@gozer @AudiobookLover Thanks for the input!

I will be opening the thread before morning.

If anyone has any preferences on themes, let me know soon.

If anyone is unsure what to make, just join the discussion there. We all have opinions and many of us are willing to share them. :smile:

2 Likes

I have a couple ideas floating around, but I’m waiting to see the theme before putting too much thought into it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Will you have a theme picked out when you open the thread tomorrow?

I will have the theme picked by the time the thread is up. But I’m still waiting to choose in case anyone else wants to chime in.

1 Like

Lettuce All Raffle Sign Ups Open
The theme is Bright since it had the most votes.

1 Like

Tagging

@loves2experiment
@thanate
@Whistlefish
@PrincessP
@gozer
@jemimah
@Annchen

for the Mini Handmade Book Swap

3 Likes

Hi all! Little Good Things is open for sign-ups:

3 Likes

Here’s my idea for a swap:

SUGGESTION

SWAP NAME: Craft for my Hobby Swap
SWAP ORGANIZER: I can’t organize, and I hope it’s not against the rules to post this without being able to organize. If so, I’ll erase this post.
SWAP REQUIREMENTS: Craft a medium, one small, and one supply that supports a hobby your partner has (i.e.-My hobby is crocheting. Someone could crochet me a crochet hook holder and sew me a bookmark so I can keep my place in my pattern book. An inexpensive skein of yarn could be the extra.)
LENGTH OF SWAP: Sign up two weeks, four weeks to craft.

3 Likes

I’d love a mini quilt swap!

2 Likes

A thread for round 6!

3 Likes