Swap Rules (updated 02.11.2024)

:+1: looks good to me!

2 Likes

Would you be able to add a list of what consists of the differ swap item sized (ie - small = 2 hours or less, $5 or less)?

2 Likes

Done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, @racky!

1 Like

Nice to have a point of reference for swaps.
And yay! We have swaps going on…exciting times indeed.

1 Like

If I was a swapper on craftster do I still have to be a member on here for 1 month and post 15 times?

2 Likes

obviously late reading this, but I just noticed the clickable link now at the top of each page that says, “Open Swaps” and I am so excited to see that – what a great feature

2 Likes

A question. Or observation maybe… If I send as a letter internationally (from Sweden) there’s no information about where the package is going. It just has a date and says ”postage” or ”stamps”. If I send as a package there might be more info, but it’s been a while since I used this option since packages are handled with other packages and my 1 kg package could easily be squished under a 50 kg package. I was warned by a postal worker I know to be careful with that option :laughing:

To my understanding the only other way for me to be compliant is to purchase tracking, because in that case I get a larger receipt with tracking number and the adress it’s going to.

Is that the only option for me in order to follow the rules, or could I send without tracking and resend if it goes missing? Adding tracking can easily double or triple the postage, more if it’s something small/lightweight.

1 Like

In this case, I would snap a quick picture of the package or letter with the receipt. That should do as proof of sending.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll do that if I can’t fit tracking in the swap budget.

This says 18 years old in 1 spot but 16 in another, which one is correct?

You have to be at least 18 to organize, but 16 to join.

2 Likes

Yep! What she said. 18 to organize, 16 to participate.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

My brain immediately “that’s what she said!” :joy:

2 Likes

:rofl:

When we decided to open swaps, we added these additional guidelines about being a swap organizer. We forgot to add them to this page. They are now included in the swap organizer guidelines on the first post.

• You must message @gozer, @loves2experiment and @kittykill before opening a new swap. The reason for this is so that you can be assigned a swap mod liaison and have a spreadsheet set up for your new swap.
  • Verify that the members signing up for the swap are in good standing (this can be done once you have access to the spreadsheets)
6 Likes

Man it’s been a LONG time. I joined when craftster closed but haven’t said anything cause I find the forums difficult but hope to start figuring it out so I can join in the fun again (was mlsocci74 on craftster).

10 Likes

Welcome! Hope you have fun in the new place. I had some difficulties using the new forums at first, too. But now I post all the time and it feels easy.

3 Likes

Welcome back! Once you get the hang of it, you’ll probably really enjoy all the updated functions and features!

3 Likes

I’m sure I will. I already seem to be. Thank you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes