Swapping: Under Construction

I’d be up for that! My fridge LOVES magnets!

3 Likes

@Inselaeffchen I was just thinking I needed to start a new TM project! I would love to participate in a swap. :heart::heart:

4 Likes

Yahoo! We have 10 months but you know the vintage swap is gonna happen. :smiley::jack_o_lantern:

6 Likes

I havent done a swap in over a year because it has just been a hard year. Excited to be able to do it all again!

2 Likes

I’m happy this is here, cheering all the new swaps brewing up, and a little selfishly relieved that it’s going to take a little more time to get it up and running… We’re all going to need some time to learn the ins and outs of the new site, and this pushes us to engage more with project and question postings, rather than focusing on swap threads. I know it isn’t true of several members, but speaking for myself, I got out of the habit of looking at any boards other than Swaps and, occasionally, the off-topic chit chat board. I hope to be better about that in our new home, and having fewer categories overall (plus the mobile-friendly interface) should help. :slight_smile:
Also, I’m on NyQuil today so my brain is out-of-service – maybe by the end of January I could start the Secret Friend Wishlist Swap, but this brain is having none of it at the present.

17 Likes

…guilty :raising_hand_woman:

But I’ll make a New Years resolution to be more active overall! :tada: It should be an easy resolution because I love, love, love the new site so far!!! :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Pretty excited to see if this gets to be as busy as when I first joined Craftster.

3 Likes

Whooohoooooo

Are we gonna have a lettuce swap?:leafy_green:

14 Likes

Is the feedback form going to be the same? I am excited to get started, I would be down for a lettuce swap :wink:

1 Like

It will probably be similar, but may differ slightly.

It’s possible that we will open up swapping before the database is actually complete. If this happens, the swap mods will add in the results from previous complete swaps when the new database is ready.

12 Likes

Those of us who were hunkered down on Discord are all ALL ABOUT a lettuce swap!

9 Likes

Yahoo! Good to see you here!

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: New Feature Idea - Swap Badges

@Lynx I was sooo excited about the idea of a lettuce swap that I made my own lettuce today. My Girl Scouts are supposed to complete their potters badge next week with polymer clay. I’m a novice at PC, so I decided to try it out tonight in preparation for the meeting. I have good news and bad news.

Good news: I learned a lot about blending colors, tools we will need, organizational details, etc. I also made a darn cute head of lettuce.

Bad news: I went to read the baking instructions only to find out that it is no-bake, never-harden clay. I bought the wrong stuff! It was on the same shelf as the bake clay. :sob::sob::sob:

Well, here’s my cute little head of lettuce anyway. :leafy_green: :leafy_green:

17 Likes

Our swap was in the middle of a round when Craftster closed. Is there anywhere we could start a thread just to get everyone rounded up again? We’ve been worried about people flaking

3 Likes

WOAH, that is amazing. Is there really no way to harden it? :flushed:

1 Like

I Googled it. Other people have made the same mistake. Heat will melt it. Maybe I could cast it in resin? :thinking:

1 Like

It looks so realistic. So disappointing it was the wrong clay. Let us know if resin will work!

Hi dear :heart_eyes:

1 Like

adorable lettuce!