Terry Pratchett Shadowbox

I made this quick little shadow box of a Terry Pratchett quote for my son for Christmas. :blush: It turned out pretty cute and he was very pleased as it’s his favourite author. It says “All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once.” The mushrooms are air dry clay that I painted. :mushroom:

40 Likes

I love this, very well done!

Hahaha, I love Terry Pratchett; so quotable and often very wise! I like that your lettering almost looks like it could have grown out of fungi itself!

Thanks! It was a really quick piece to make but sometimes those are the best ones to make especially at Christmas time!

Thanks! I wanted to make sure it had a whimsical feel.

1 Like

Ahhh so cute!! I lurve mushrooms. :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

This is so much fun! I’m allergic to mushrooms, but these are definitely some I would love to have around. :heart:

That’s so cute and very very true!
I promised my bf (who is a big Terry fan) to paint a quote but he never got me one. Perhaps I should do this one! Thanks for the idea!

what a wonderful quote and your mushrooms are so realistic

Love what you made for your son. The quote, the shrooms…everything is as it should be. Nicely done!

Adorable. And that is a great quote, clearly I need to read those books soon.

I hope your son liked his gift :smiley:

So adorable and fun!! I’m rereading the Discworld series right now!

Love it! :smile:

Those mushrooms are so sweet! The quote is fantastic. :smiley:

I really love how the mushrooms came out, the whole thing looks great!

I love this quote! It is perfect to hang in the kitchen. Great job!

I wish there was a laugh emoji option to click next to the heart. :slight_smile: :laughing:

Excellent!! What a special Christmas gift!! :mushroom:
I’m a huge Terry Pratchett fan too!

So unique and clever. The lettering is a perfect choice for the quote too, that looks terrific.

1 Like

I’m a big Terry Pratchett fan and he has so many great lines.
You did a great job on this one.