The Balloon Underground, Needle Felting

This little creature gave me no end of trouble!!

25 Likes

Mr. Mole is probably scared of things that fly off into the open air.
Adorable!

2 Likes

He may have given you no end of trouble, but he’s well worth it. The little doggie balloon is fantastic!

2 Likes

I wish I could “heart” this more than once!

2 Likes

I love it especially the doggyballoon

2 Likes

I love that little face. He seems so earnest. :blush:

1 Like

Another cutie! I am in love with his little hat.

1 Like

The puppy balloon is killing me. So adorable!

1 Like

The look on this wee fellow’s face says that he was not any trouble at all! He’s adorable and sweet and his balloon pup just takes him over the top.

1 Like

Omg I love them! Moles are the best. :smiley: I love his balloons. Great job!

1 Like

He’s so awesome! I love the balloons!

1 Like

Tiny toes! :laughing:

(I came for the awesome balloons, the tiny toes were a great bonus surprise).

1 Like

This is precious. I am a professional balloon twister so I am especially intrigued by the balloon dog. But that mole, oh my. I love this.

1 Like

Your latest creature is marvelous!
You give your felted creatures such awesome facial expressions and this one is no exception.

1 Like

Thank you everyone!!! I’m delighted that he’s been received so warmly, but
he was a lot trouble.
I made him a Chimney Sweep brush and he said “no, too dark and dirty” (which from a mole is something).
I made him a whole bunch of digging tools and he thought “BLAH”.
I colored him a nice milk chocolate brown and he insisted on it being changed to dark, dark chocolate.
I got myself a drop spindle so I might spin a loose yarn with which to cover his fingers and toes and he laughed at me.
repeatedly.
Can’t actually blame him for that.
The drop spindle I purchased is actually too heavy for what I want to do. I’ve rigged together a lighter weight spindle (should have saved my money on the other) and have watched a dozen Youtube videos. I might even get the hang of it eventually. :smiley:
:balloon::balloon::balloon:

4 Likes

So. Flippin’. Sweet. :heart:

1 Like

Is he a little mole???

His eyes are excellent!

1 Like

Yes, he’s a mole. With the balloons it was impossible to get a good side view which would make that more obvious.

He sat as a “mole blank” (i.e. armature and enough foundation fiber to give him a recognizable shape) on my side table for a good long while. That may be why he was so ornery when finally being put together! :wink:

1 Like

He was dreaming of coming alive!!

2 Likes