The Gatherer, Needle Felting

30 Likes

You are killing me…that little wood carrying bag on back…just adorable work…plus that hat…

5 Likes

Haha! My initial thought was also “you are killing me” haha!

Another absolutely magical piece if perfection. I’m going totally fangirl over here :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

The cute little expression is just adorable! And, I love the little foraged root crop- such marvelous attention to detail!

How tall is each mouse?

1 Like

I agree with the person who said they can imagine meeting all these characters on a path. They are so cute. I love the way they each have such a personality. The backpack, onions, and flower are a fantastic touch.

1 Like

Thanks!! :mouse:

I make the felt fabric that I use in their clothes. The mustard part of the hat was scrap cut off to give me a straight bottom for the jacket. I try to not let pieces go to waste. The result was that hat! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @AntBee!! :mouse: Fans welcomed!! :slight_smile:

Thanks @craftADDchick!! :mouse: This mouse is just a whisker under 4.5". They aren’t all the same size. While I do make the armature in the same way, there are natural and deliberate variations.

Thank you @gozer!! I try to make all of them friendly and engaging!! Do they look like onions? They are meant to be turnips but when they’re that small it can be hard to give them enough definition. The flower was a last minute additons because I felt he needed something in his left hand and it allowed me to use up some scrap pieces! :mouse: :wink:

3 Likes

Oh, my! They’re smaller than I thought! Now I’m even more impressed with the tiny details!

2 Likes

Once again you are making me smile so much!! I like the very slight smile on his face, like he’s so proud of the things he’s found on his foraging trip, and the tiny string bag looks like he crocheted it up himself! Absolutely darling, as always.

2 Likes

Thank you!! :mouse:

We had some minor problems crocheting his backpack, but it made for some interesting details so we left it! The backpack played a major part in deciding the rest of his look.

2 Likes

Love! So adorable! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Maybe it’s because of your little pilgrim mouse from before, but I am now imagining all your little creations parading along together like the group in the Canterbury Tales, telling stories to each other as they walk. XD

5 Likes

I say this every time but this ones my fave! Love the hat, the knapsack, the sweet look on his face. Perfection!

2 Likes

Onions and turnips are the same to me. It looks amazing.

2 Likes

Oh my word! This purely precocious! He is so fuzzy and adorable! I love the amount of detail you put into this!

2 Likes

Thank you @bluebird!! :mouse:

@roler I sort of think of them like Canterbury Tales too, or a small village with lots of activity going on.

Thank you @bethntim!! Sculpting their faces is always one of the most interesting parts of creating them! :mouse:

LOL @gozer, they sure wouldn’t taste the same! :slight_smile: Thanks!! :mouse:

Thank you @ShadowMAB11!! I love adding details. Some of it has to do with the way I see and some of it is just that they wouldn’t seem complete without the details. :mouse:

6 Likes

I immediately thought turnips when I saw them, but I’ve also been playing a lot of Animal Crossing and turnips are a part of the game, so I may have turnips on the brain.

You’ve knocked it out of the park again with this little cutie. That bag is amazing with the little bundle of wood!

2 Likes

I love it’s little personality! :heart: :mouse: :heart:

1 Like

So cute!

1 Like

The little flower! His proud content smile! Dying!

1 Like