The Great Lettuce Craft Holiday Bakeoff! 2023

:snowflake: :cookie: :snowman: :cupcake: :snowflake: :pie: :snowman_with_snow: :clinking_glasses: :snowflake: :cake: :snowman: :custard: :snowflake: :cookie: :snowman: :cupcake: :snowflake: :pie: :snowman_with_snow: :clinking_glasses: :snowflake: :cake: :snowman: :custard: :snowflake: :cookie: :snowman: :cupcake: :snowflake:

The Great Lettuce Craft Holiday Bakeoff! 2023!

:snowflake: :cookie: :snowman: :cupcake: :snowflake: :pie: :snowman_with_snow: :clinking_glasses: :snowflake: :cake: :snowman: :custard: :snowflake: :cookie: :snowman: :cupcake: :snowflake: :pie: :snowman_with_snow: :clinking_glasses: :snowflake: :cake: :snowman: :custard: :snowflake: :cookie: :snowman: :cupcake: :snowflake:

It’s that time of year again! The holidays are a time for gathering with family and friends. And of course, creating baked goods to share with those loved ones! Whether it be Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve, we all have those special recipes we make every year, and most of us have those special over-the-top recipes bookmarked or Pinned, that we dream of making for the holidays. Well my friends, this is your year to make and share your best holiday bakes with your Lettuce Craft family of friends!

YOUR MISSION - CREATE A SHOW-STOPPING BAKE FOR ONE OF THE UPCOMING HOLIDAYS!

Examples:

The Rules:

• You must bake something for one of the many holidays found between November, and New Year’s Eve, 2023. It may be one listed here, or one I may have missed.
  • NOTE: “Bake” is not a literal term here. If you could be asked to cook it on the Great British Bake Off, then it’s fair game. Think cooking flatbread over rocks around a fire, using an outdoor grill, frying donuts in oil, etc. All are fair, even though they aren’t ‘baked’ in a traditional oven!
  • You must give credit for the recipe, either a link to one you found online, or noting that it is a family recipe.
  • Each member may only submit one entry, which cannot already be posted on its own thread.
  • Additionally, your entry may not be submitted for any other contest in this community.
  • All entries must be posted by midnight on January 1st, 2024 (ie, the beginning of January 2nd).

The winner of The Great Lettuce Craft Holiday Bakeoff! will receive a $20 Amazon gift card.

Additional Details:

• You should submit your entry by creating a project post on the Completed Projects sub-board.
  • You are REQUIRED to have a descriptive title and then include “- Great LC Holiday Bakeoff 2023 Entry” (example: Jennie’s St. Lucia Crown - Great LC Holiday Bakeoff 2023 Entry). Once you have posted your submission, you need to reply to this thread with a link to your post. If you do not do this, your entry will not be considered.
  • Voting will happen on January 2-9, 2024.
  • The winner will be announced on January 10th - we will contact you via Private Message, after the announcement.
  • If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.

If you have any questions, or want to chat about your crafting progress for this challenge, post it here! Let’s have fun!

Entries:
@HeroicHatchling’s Tiny Gingerbread Town
@sheepBlue’s Easy Holiday Crockpot Candy
@MistressJennie’s Nana’s Cranberry Bread

It’s time to VOTE!

The Great Lettuce Craft Holiday Bakeoff 2023
  • Tiny Gingerbread Town
  • Easy Holiday Crockpot Candy
  • Nana’s Cranberry Bread
0 voters
7 Likes

Exciting!!

1 Like

Let the planning commence!

After several very late nights…I have an entry. This is the tiny Gingerbread Town I made to gift to friends and neighbors this year.

3 Likes

These are so sweet and darling. I love that they are each unique, but all go together. Beautifully done!

1 Like

Reminder: The deadline for submitting a project for this challenge is Monday, January 1st, at midnight!

2 Likes

I posted my entry!

3 Likes

And my last minute entry!

It’s time to VOTE! Scroll up to the first post to cast your vote!

Congratulations to @HeroicHatchling! Your Tiny Gingerbread Town has won the Great LC Holiday Bakeoff 2023!

2 Likes

Woohoo! Thank you!

1 Like

Congratulations!!! :raised_hands:

1 Like