The Seven Sisters

There’s a group of trees at the park near our house that I’m in love with. I swear they’re magical. They stand tall in a little clearing right where the creek turns. They grow in circular fashion.

My name for them is “The Seven Sisters.” I don’t know why I call them that…the name just came to me the first time I saw them and I was thrilled when I quickly counted and there are, in fact, seven trees in all. :yellow_heart:

I’ve been on a painting kick this week and have finally immortalized them in watercolor and ink.

Here’s the original picture I took:

25 Likes

That painting is beautiful and all the more so with the story about these trees.

2 Likes

Gorgeous! Love your name for them, too.

2 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

This is stunning! You did an amazing job capturing their magic. The way you did the grass in the front, the bark of the trees, and the background are all flawless!

2 Likes

I love their name! Very fitting and your painting is astonishing!

1 Like

Beautiful painting! The way you captured the bends and angles of the branches is amazing.
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Beautifully captured!

I have seen circles of trees several times…they are called fairy rings for fun.

Love the name you gave them…it conjures up a lovely potential story in my imagination!

1 Like

So beautiful! I love the name, too!

PS. Lovely to see you again! I’ve missed your awesomeness!

2 Likes

It’s so good to see you again!! :heart: The Seven Sisters are beautiful, both in real life and in your painting, wow.

1 Like

Love the painting and the name!

1 Like

I love how you managed to capture the feel of fall in your painting, it’s beautiful!

1 Like

You really captured a magical feel with your painting. This is gorgeous!
I love the stippling you added for shadows and the color of the foliage in the background.

Good to see you again. I hope you’re doing well!

2 Likes

Your painting is beautiful. It captures not only the scene, but the magic. Your photo is lovely too.

1 Like

The painting and backstory are both amazing!

Same. (Cc: @sweets4ever :wink:)

2 Likes

Thank you all for the kind words about my painting!

And a special thank you to those of you for the the warm “Welcome back!” (@Bunny1kenobi @sweets4ever @Kwality570 @megwell !)

Ya’ll are the best and I think of my Lettuce Crafters frequently. :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

this watercolor looks just amazing, really portrays the feeling of the place!

1 Like

I really love your painting.You really captured the personalities of these trees.

1 Like