The Story of Little Skunk Pocket Letter

I made this pocket letter for @reinikka in the IYP swap. I chose her skunk theme and decided to watercolor a skunk story that mimics life with her young son. The backgrounds are masterboards I either made or received in previous swaps.

The first row shows Mama and Papa Skunk trying to enjoy a nice dinner. Lil Skunk, enjoying all things rainbow, insisted on a rainbow egg (Reinikka was given a rainbow egg atc in the last atc swap by someone else) at Rainbow Cafe. However being the little skunk he is, he got distracted and started playing under the rainbow table.

In the second row, Mama and Lil Skunk went to the library and browsed some of their favorite books and series like “The Life of Little Rein” and “Smell This, Not That.” Mama was having a great time, so Lil Skunk reminded her to “shhh, be kiwet!”

In the bottom row, Mama Skunk is daydreaming of playing on the “Slide to Nowhere,” similar to a slide Reinikka was looking at online! She shouted, “weee!” Mama Skunks can have fun, too. Lil Skunk enjoyed his rocket ship ride to “Outer Pace,” and at bedtime, Mama and Papa Skunk read Lil Skunk his favorite book, “The Life of Little Rein.”

It was a long and exhausting day, but they wouldn’t have it any other way!

22 Likes

Thank you again! :heart: I absolutely love it and the story/details are so special :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

awww…this is so perfect…

3 Likes

I’m so happy to hear that! Your son sounds like a hoot!

(And, one can’t always send you jellyfish!) It was so funny when you and skunks came up on another thread the other day.

3 Likes

How cute!!

2 Likes

This is so stinkin’ cute!

See what I did there?

4 Likes

This is really sweet and personal. Wonderfully done.

2 Likes

So much fun rolled up into the cutest little story!

3 Likes

I always appreciate seeing skunk stuff around! This is super cute.

4 Likes

The personalization of this is so sweet. My favorite card is the first one one the second line.

3 Likes

What a cute story and very pretty!!!

1 Like

“Smell This, Not That” :rofl:. That polka dot masterboard in the middle row is :ok_hand:t2:.

1 Like

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words!

:fireworks: Hot dog! :hotdog: Your super cool project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :fireworks:

2 Likes

I love the little rocket ship guy!!

1 Like

Congratulations! Your project was one of the Best of 2021! Yoooooou ROCK!

1 Like