The Ultimate Pokemon Travel Bag

My DS1 is a big fan of Pokemon (especially Pikachu), so I made him the Ultimate Travel Bag in Pikachu fabrics, for his birthday. My DS2’s birthday was last month, and I made him the Minions version of the bag.

16 Likes

AWEsome bags, and such cheerful Pokemon fabrics! These will outlast anything storebought.

1 Like

Great fabrics and wonderful functionality!

Your boys are lucky to have such a talented mom to customize items for them!

1 Like

Whoa! That bag is awesome!

1 Like

I SQEEEED when this scrolled in to view. OMG SO CUTE!! :heartpulse: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

This is seriously cool and so well made!

1 Like

Ah-Maz-Ing!

1 Like

That’s awesome! I really like the fabrics you chose.

1 Like

I like these bags

2 Likes

I can’t believe I never commented on this! I can only imagine the time and effort that went into this. You did a superb job! Are the bottom pics a separating insert that goes into the bag?

1 Like

Thank you! That’s actually just the bag turned inside-out so I could show off the fancy mesh pockets and bias binding.

1 Like

That first one is incredible!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

That IS fancy and really impressive!!

2 Likes

To clarify, they are both amazing, but i especially love the first one. :wink:

2 Likes

I know you made this a long time ago(I missed it!) It is fab! And I’m wondering about the pattern, was it with it? Clear? Easy to work with? Did you purchase all of the byAnnie mesh, hardware etc?

Thank you!

I loved the pattern! It was so easy to follow. Very clear instructions all the way through. I did not buy any supplies through byAnnie. The mesh, I picked up at my local JoAnn’s Fabric store. I used heavyweight fusible interfacing + cotton quilt batting instead of the special batting the pattern called for. The hardware and webbing is from a shop on Etsy, and the zippers were purchased in bulk from amazon.

It’s a bust for me. The pattern isn’t available as a download, and I don’t have a local quilt shop to purchase it from. They could mail it to me, but shipping would be $56 :scream::scream::scream:

Well, that’s just ridiculous! Shipping should not be that much.

Priority mail to Ireland is under $40. And, first class is about $5. shakes a fist indignantly at the post office

I’m going out of town, but let me look into this and get back to you.