The Unicorn Sweater of Comfy-ness

I wanted more practice making clothing in crochet so I made a v-stitch sweater from Make & Do Crew. Things I didn’t do:

• make the correct size sleeves (I think I made the medium instead of the large)
  • I did not use a smaller hook to finish the sleeves.

I did:

So proud of how well I matched up the sleeve variegations

Here is the side:

Here is the back:

Here is the whole thing:

Please excuse the blurry images, these are stills I grabbed from my video conferencing studio set up. It is a much faster fashion photographer than my former pro-photographer hubby who would insist on taking me somewhere else and doing a whole shoot :smiley:

26 Likes

You did such a great job with the color matching. Beautifully done!

1 Like

Gorgeous! This looks so snuggly and amazing!

1 Like

It turned out beautifully!

1 Like

It looks great!

1 Like

It looks sooo cozy comfy!

1 Like

This turned out great! It looks like the perfect weight for autumn!

1 Like

I love everything about this sweater- the colors are lovely, the style looks comfy and your stripe/color matching is fantastic!

I have yet to make an actual garment, but I might have to give this one a try. I think I have some Mandala yarn cakes that I can use, too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its a really quick pattern and a simple stitch to make the whole thing! I thought the sleeve edging directions were a little confusing at first everything else was super easy, ESPECIALLY if you watch the video that’s included on their site.

1 Like

The colors are my fave and hooray for normalizing mistakes and leaving them in there.

Great job!

1 Like

Good tip to watch the video! Thanks!

1 Like

:scissors: :yarn: What-ho, Gentle Crafter! Your craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :thread: :page_with_curl:

2 Likes

Beautiful job…I really like your pattern choices…so many knitted garments look frumpy to me, but this one is very stylish and love the colors…great job on matching and doing the sleeve edging!

1 Like

WOOT Thank you!

1 Like