Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

Keep on going…a few rows here and there will get it done…!

2 Likes

@Lynx I love the colors you picked for your fabric wreath!

@geekgirl The textures in your art journal are lovely.

@Edel Taco + cocktail = fabulous! Definitely an act of creation! I also laughed out loud at the typo.
The quilt top is lovely.

@jemimah I’m so soothed by the palette of your folder journal, it puts me in a nice clear headspace.

@MistressJennie Cute earrings! You rock for getting all the stuff done! And wow that afghan is a stunner.

@megwell I’m going to have to pick up sweet potatoes this week for those burgers.

@Magpie Ooo are those petals? Wings? I’m always fascinated to see stumpwork in progress, I’ve never tried it.

@calluna I admire the processing feelings through creativity that you’re doing. That’s some hard stuff that’s so worth it. Sending you some healing thoughts.

@AntBee Way to go for chugging along on a big project! Breaking it down into segments makes it seem much more doable.

@AIMR I’m happy to see you making beauty for yourself! I also find myself thinking back to things I’ve sent away for swaps. Maybe I should revisit some. And that valance looks very well done!

@Cindy My partner is the same way about the salad and I’m the one who always makes it! And good job working on your big project.

@poetrylover828 What a cool looking pattern! Taking that long to finish a project just gives you more satisfaction when it’s done. :wink:

@WileESongDog Glad to see you here! Your pompoms look like the perfect Doctor Seuss tree tops.
I’m so sorry to hear about your cat. I know you will keep the love you shared in your heart, and for now be gentle with yourself.

@seeuudee Welcome! Brilliant use of those nice pictures. And I love when folks post the whole masterboard along with the cut up parts - it’s inspiring!

@GMPNQ Nice cherry block! The jumper sounds like a big project, but fun.

@Bajita Super cute pouches! They look very neat. And nice job on the meal prep. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gosh there are a lot of us! I’m sure I won’t be able to keep up commenting on y’all’s projects, so if I like your comment just know that I’m proud of your work and I’m so happy you’re here with us. :purple_heart:

Aside from making a rather nice sandwich, I started a larger project today that’s been in my mind for a while. I took apart a thrift store shadowbox that was filled with beans, cleaned it up, reglued a few bits, and began on one section. This will be a memory box filled with all the bits I can’t help picking up when I’m out hiking, each one representing a different area.

7 Likes

I think it is cool to repurpose something to make it more relevant…you will have fun filling in the shadowbox with stuff that has more meaning for you…can’t wait for more progress shots of this…

1 Like

I just realized I had forgotten to post yesterday. But I worked a little on my shawl again. It’s so big that it takes me forever to finish a row (probably at least 20 minutes if I just did the whole thing) so I don’t usually do a whole row anymore. I lose steam too easily when crocheting to do it for too long.

3 Likes

I understand the feeling. I’m working on a shawl too and one row seems to take forever.

2 Likes

Feb 3rd thing…I actually finished it around 2 am this morning…I have to clean house today as our property manager is coming over tomorrow…don’t want her to freak out seeing my crafting space! :smile:

10 Likes

I can tell this is going to be a hard thread to keep up with!

@AcadianDriftwood - What a great thrift shop find! But now I’m curious as to why its previous owner would fill a shadow box with beans - I’m sure there’s a story there.

I have my Things from days 1 & 2 to share.

I also cast on for a sock yesterday. I’ll have to spend some time pondering what sort of progress I’ll need to get through in a day on that project to count it as one of my “make a thing” things.

5 Likes

Those bean shadow boxes and jars/bottles used to be a big decorating thing…seemed everyone had jars or bottles filled with beans…
dried%20beans

I know I had jars of lentils, peas, etc. People even made bean art…ha ha

6 Likes

So many amazing projects in just 3 days :smiley: That shadow box is going to be amazing - I have been thinking about doing something similar with the shells and sea glass I pick up.

Just a quick little craft today, prepping for some twinchies I am making. Some washi tape hearts and leaves

7 Likes

Turned lino prints from Friday into samples today.

To save reposting everything here’s the link to the post on the 50 things craftalong.

4 Likes

This thread is amazing! I had hoped to join in, at least a little, but school has gone back and summer activities on the weekend has started so I don’t have a lot if time atm.

I have given a lot of :heart:, there are so many amazing projects I haven’t been able to keep up with comments!

3 Likes

My thing for today is making several collages of 4th grade art work that I printed on fabric to make into a tote bag for our art auction at the end of the school year. Last year I made 6th grade art into a mini quilt.

10 Likes

Today’s make is a WIP, a crocheted dishcloth.

6 Likes

Day 3/29 … today I put binding on my Sewing Tree wall quilt so all it needs now are a few buttons added.

2 Likes

Thing of the day; a pair of dishcloths made from stash yarn while I was sitting around the car dealership today, waiting for them to do routine maintenance, and watching whatever was on HGTV.

6 Likes

Today I added some metallic gold elements to this masterboard in progress and decided it was done.

I cut it down, probably for bookmarks for the craftalong for good, and added a bit more gold to fill in some blank spaces.

7 Likes

Another WiP here:

6 Likes

@megwell such pretty colors…and the gold does add a nice sparkle

@antbee first of all, I absolutely love the bowl your cream yarn is in…can’t wait to see this finished…all those little balls of yarn must be tough to track…someday I will try this…painting with a crochet hook!

1 Like

Oh wow everyone is making really awesome stuff! I am almost done with my shawl but I just needed to put my hook down. I get almost bored after awhile of crocheting (bored isn’t the right word but it’s as close as I can think). So hopefully tomorrow I can get it finished and post a picture!!!

3 Likes