Totoro Purse

Here’s a Totoro purse I just finished. I love this fabric, it’s always so much fun working with a panel (a large focus image, usually used in clothing). And the white accent is called Unicorn skin, it’s sort of like vinyl but softer and much easier to work with. And I got to use my custom ordered Totoro zipper pull😄

26 Likes

Amazing! When I saw the title I knew it would be something you had made :wink:

2 Likes

That is great Totoro fabric! You are so talented!

2 Likes

This is insanely amazing! I love the shape and a great fuzzy cut on a focus fabric. Oh my goodness. Fantastic!

2 Likes

So cute! And so beautifully made!!

1 Like

Awesome bag!!! Everything fits just perfectly together :smiley: Great job!
I’ve recently watched the film with my kiddos for the first time (the kiddos, not me :wink:) and they love Totoro :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and so do I

1 Like

That bag is awesome

1 Like

This is awesome! And now I think I need to get unicorn skin… :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Stunning job!

1 Like

So much fun!

1 Like

I just love that. You did so great.

1 Like

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS??? but they mostly boil down to where did you get all the cool components? Like, the purse pattern is FAB. I love, love, love Totoro and don’t see much fabric with him on it… where, oh where, can I get some!!!

GREAT JOB on the purse! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you, the purse pattern is the Annette by SwoonPatterns.com and the fabric is a preorder starting March 1st from lunadavalon.com. preorders are great since you can preplan and get exactly what you need (length and fabric type, canvas, quilting cotton, French Terry, cotton spandex for clothes etc)
Luna D’avalon also has other Ghibli themed fabric that changes every month. I learn about a lot of these shops from sewing Facebook groups.
For the hardware, the strap anchors are from emmalinebags.com and the zipper pull is from
Sew-dulce.myshopify.com which also works as preorders. I know this is a lot, so if you have more questions just message me, I can help take you further down the rabbit hole🤣 its very deep.

1 Like

oh boy! thanks! Looks I can’t get into the fabric site or sew-dulce but will check back again tomorrow. seems so many people are doing website maintenance today - bunches of sites not accessible. :frowning:

1 Like

It’s the company style. They will have preorders or retail open for only a set amount of time. Like Luna D’avalon has preorders the 1st to the 20th every month, then they set up retail for 2 or 3 days (23rd to 26ish) and then start a new preorder the next month. Looks like Sew Dulce is down for a bit due to a family emergency

1 Like

Congratulations! This has been selected as one of this week’s Featured Projects.

1 Like

Whoa! Great use of fabric amd the pattern is perfect

1 Like

The details are just stunning! I love the unicorn skin. It definitely adds that perfect finishing touch. :slight_smile:

1 Like

ADORE!!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Unicorn skin… sounds both fancy and creepy… but works great with your purse!

1 Like