Two quilts

These are two recent finishes. Over at the quiltalong we’re doing a September scrap-a-thon, this green quilt was to use up all my greens and blue scraps.

And I finished the second one yesterday. This was from two sets of fat quarters that friends have given me recently. The green sashing and the purple border were dyed by me. This quilt screams autumn to me.

It’s going to be a cold winter here given the massive increases in fuel and energy prices, so everyone is getting a quilt!

20 Likes

Great work … You are becoming another @sloth003 … you are both quilting machines :hugs:

4 Likes

As we would say in Ireland “I’m only trotting after her” she is so speedy !

5 Likes

I love them! Three cheers for using up scraps, and keeping everyone you love warm!

4 Likes

Beautiful!!!

1 Like

Both quilts look really cozy! I’m sure your friends will be very happy with them.

Love these. I submit for review a new motto for you:
“Edel, warming hearts and thighs across the land!”
(I would say “laps” but, frankly, thighs is funnier. lol)

8 Likes

They are both beautiful! And obviously very cozy. It’s cool that you dyed some of the fabric yourself.

1 Like

Great scrap busters! And cozy.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

These are wonderful! And so wonderful that you used up scraps and FQs!

1 Like

Both quilts are beautiful, but the bottom ones colors are striking.

2 Likes

love this! ha ha ha

@edel…I think you are doing more than a trot…wow…you really knocked them out from the time you posted with just the sashing on! They will be welcomed for sure!

2 Likes

They actually look much better in real life, the camera is doing something weird to the colours.

4 Likes

Love that scrappy goodness in the top one!!

2 Likes

They are both so fabulous. I love the scrappiness, of course, the the other one is like an art glass window. Lovely.

Woo hoo! :maple_leaf: Your wondrous craft is on of this week’s Featured Projects! :maple_leaf:

1 Like

Thank you sweetie

2 Likes

I want to settle in with some tea and whisky and quilt away a weekend with @Edel

2 Likes

My door is always open, the kettle is always on and the drinks cupboard ripe for a raid. :grin:

4 Likes