Union Jack Quilted Cushion

Looking back over the year I have made a LOT of different projects, but I think that this one is my favourite :heavy_heart_exclamation: It was hard to give it away! I think I will have to make another one for myself next year.

I made this quilted cushion cover for my swap partner in the Holiday Swap. I saw it on her Pinterest and then spent quite a while figuring out how I was going to recreate it. I ended up settling on a foundation paper piecing method. So I created the pattern on my computer and began to construct it, looking at the cushion cover as though it was a large quilt block. Once it came together, I quilted it to some fleece and then created a pillow case style cushion back.

18 Likes

This is really stunning!

1 Like

It turned out to be really precise and beautiful! Love the fabrics…mixing the dots with the florals really makes it eyecatching!

2 Likes

So perfectly done, I can see why you had a hard time sending it off!

1 Like

This is beautiful. I love the fabrics that you chose. They really pop!

1 Like

Love it! I’ve been meaning to try that pattern for so long.

1 Like

This is so great! I really like the fabric you chose.

1 Like

Gorgeous! It looks so professional. I love the florals making up the colors. Once again, you’re so good at picking out fabrics!

1 Like

I can understand why you have wanted to keep it, but it is proudly on display on my sofa. I absolutely love it, thank you so much.

2 Likes

I love how you softened what is typically a powerful, saturated flag. Great job!

1 Like