Use Those Fabric Scraps Craftalong --Long Live Scraps!

Those r so cool! I was thinking they would make cute Christmas ornaments to gift. I may have to try to make some!

4 Likes

oh now that is a good idea! I can see them also as a soft mobile or garland…

4 Likes

Ooh, I keep seeing the pattern for those butterflies! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh, I love the coasters and the butterflies!

3 Likes

My fabric scrap stash isn’t nearly as cohesive as some of yours, but I have been making progress. This box was filled pretty full, but thanks to the fabric rope I’ve been making, it’s going down! I have a bunch of scraps cut into 2.5" squares and 6" squares left. I found a ropey scrap flower tutorial to embellish my wreath…stay tuned…

7 Likes

My wreath is done! I have created it’s own post here.

13 Likes

Beautiful!!

3 Likes

Now that is a nice scrap project!! Love the flowers and buttons…and leaves!!!

Of course, now, I am going to have to add to my pile by going out to get a wreath form…

4 Likes

Yes!! But, you even out because you put the scraps on the wreath form. I have a feeling I will make lots more of these! So fun!

3 Likes

I think it would be a great idea to make them in color schemes as well…I am plotting one for a guest bath using sea shore colors…I will be sorting scraps…thanks for the instructions and tips as well…it will be a fun project while binge watching something!

4 Likes

Yes, for sure!

3 Likes

I need some kind of plan to deal with my scraps. I watched a bunch of tutorials about how to make the fabric master boards - help me out @Magpie. You made some - what are they called? (Having a senior moment - argh!)

I was sorting by size but I just want to use stuff up so I think I will just start sewing.

3 Likes

@Smmarrt is it this fabric paper you’re thinking about?

Or this fabric made from scraps?

4 Likes

Yes - the fabric made from scraps. Thought there was a name like crumb fabric.
Anywho, I want to try this - need to go to fabric store to get the water soluble stuff.
But I avoid going to the fabric store, because you know, that’s where the fabric lives.

9 Likes

You totally got me hooked on making fabric from scraps…I save thread and all of the trimmings…the new fabric is heavy because of the sewing, but it is great for prayer flags, notebook covers, ATCs…

4 Likes

I know @kbrison and @AIMR make some sort of “crumb quilt” thing…
I did a mini art quilt one time with tiny bits of fabric under a piece of tulle. Stitch all over to hold the layers down. It works great and maybe no need to risk the fabric shop?

4 Likes

Crumb quilts are much more labor intensive…I generally group my scraps by color…when I have enough, I take out my rotary cutter and just slice away…I have to be careful that I don’t make too much “dust”…I then throw in all my matching thread scraps…

I do have a few crumb quilt pieces going but it seems like forever before I can get a decent piece…

3 Likes

That wreath needs to live in my craftroom :smiley:

4 Likes

You’re gonna have a hard time getting it out of my hands this time!

4 Likes

I LOVE the wreath! The colors are so cheery and the texture just makes me what to put my hands all over it. Well done.

4 Likes