Use Those Fabric Scraps Craftalong --Long Live Scraps!

Does anyone want a little box of silk scraps? A whole bunch of Triangles cut from neckties, to be more specific? (A word of warning: There are clowns in there. Very subtle ones, but still clowns). „Manly“ shades, mostly blue green, I guess this was going to be a quilt for her partner. Not something I’m willing to tackle.

The box just said “neckties” and then had a triangle drawn on it, and because it was with the boxes of silk my mom had I assumed this would mean plain white silk neckties to be painted. I was wrong. Sadly I was about to use one to make a Gryffindor tie. For my 8yo’s party tomorrow at school. I guess I’ll be doing some sewing very early tomorrow. gotta cut and paint some fabric first though… And make a salad.

4 Likes

I sure do not need more scraps but I would LOVE the clowns! Wanna swap me an ATC for those?

3 Likes

Wow…when I worked for a law firm I ran a collection for old ties to help a youth group make snakes from the ties…I never want to see another tie…our firm had over 1500 attorneys…lots and lots of ties…

Thanks for hiding the clowns…it is my one phobia… :smiley:

4 Likes

In a heartbeat!

I’ll just send the rest to anyone who wants them too, I have so much stuff and things I’ll never use, I want to get rid of that and concentrate on those items that are important to me (‘spark joy‘ more or less…)

I nearly didn’t recognize them as clowns, thought it was just some pattern or another bird…

6 Likes

So excited that I am just about out of blue scraps!

Blue Scrappy Pouch

4 Likes

It didn’t work as intended, but it did use up scraps :+1:
Fabric masterboard

3 Likes

I was the lucky recipient of the heart pillow and hanging hearts in the first pic — I love them and have them out year round! :heart:

3 Likes

Used up some floral scraps to make a pouch. Done with pouches for a while so I will use the rest to make a notebook cover.

Scraps

Pouch front-machine embroidered the word

Pouch back and lining (fabric received in the LGT2 swap from @crafty-becky

16 Likes

…Now I am wondering why I do not have a pouch labeled “stuff”?

6 Likes

lol since I used up a mish mash of scraps I figured it would be the perfect pouch for all those things that seem to accumulate in my car…tic tacs, gum, etc. I can sort it all out maybe once a month…it drives me nuts to have stuff all over my car and I am the worse at putting things where they should go immediately!

3 Likes

:thinking: Ok, so actually my husband needs a pouch labeled “stuff.” Got it.

5 Likes

I remember. I love those hearts. I make them and then mysteriously they end up in friends and swap partners hands. Majic love! It is so wonderful to hear that you have them out all year.

One of my joys is all the swap gifts I have hanging all over the house. Though with the new kitten, some items have been put up or been stored under the couch, in the toy basket, moved all over the house my tiny black paws. Magic indeed.

2 Likes

Dang, woman! I’m loving your sewn creations! So talented!

1 Like

Clearing out more scraps…this time, a collection of fake fur scraps…I made pom poms for future hats or maybe even a key ring…they were messy as heck and I will be vacuuming soon…

The toughest part was finding thread strong enough to gather these into a ball…the thread on the first one I did broke three times…I finally found some very strong thread among my vintage thread collection…it was called “corsage thread”, and yes, it was green… it worked!

There are five of them, the black one is hard to see…

11 Likes

You MADE those poms? Amazing! They’re great!

2 Likes

I would be deeply tempted to put googlie eyes on those.

5 Likes

@AIMR That’s a nice collection of tribbles you’ve got there! Be careful they don’t start multiplying.

I found this formula today for figuring out the yardage of scraps you’ve used based on weight. I’m going to have to spend some time this weekend with my kitchen scale and calculator. Also my camera so I can finally photograph some of the scrap-based projects I’ve managed this month.

6 Likes

I would be afraid to weigh my scraps! I am down to just one large storage bin now so I think that is a good thing! Of course, as I destash my fabrics, I will be contributing to the scraps pile…it is a never ending cycle!

2 Likes

Tribbles! They’re Tribbles!

6 Likes

I thought the same thing!!! OMG have you seen the Trouble With Edward? It’s one of the Short Treks that explains the origins of Tribbles, and it’s one of the funniest things I’ve ever watched. DH & I have rewatched it 3 times. I seriously saw @AIMR’s poms and thought ‘I have to make one for DH’s office, and maybe put it in a little terrarium, like he’s keeping it as a pet!’

2 Likes