Use Those Fabric Scraps Craftalong --Long Live Scraps!

If they did, that could be a money saver!! :wink:

2 Likes

your scrap project looks fantastic!!! @Edel

3 Likes

Your colors are so vibrant!

2 Likes

In a previous post I showed some of the selvage pieces I put together…I am always looking for projects to use them up…but I have to be in the mood to make whatever it is…

Well, I finally got sick and tired of babying my favorite sunglasses…I am a “toss it in my bag” kinda gal…and then I can’t find it quickly or it gets scratched, damaged, lost…

I made this sunglass case out of the selvages I had previously sewn together…it was horrifying because I had to cut off about three inches from the piece and now…I will have to think of what to do with those tiny pieces later…

Here is what I made:

I found the pattern free but to be honest, I probably won’t use it again…it requires half a zipper that was a pain to put in and the case itself would work for sunglasses just fine without the bother of a zipper…

10 Likes

Very neat!!

2 Likes

This looksciol, even if it was a pain to make.

I too am a ‘chuck it in the bag’ and I want to make bunch of pouches, but I am worried that I will be too lazy to find the pouch and chuck things in my bag anyway!

2 Likes

Thank you @AIMR for sending me these scraps for my sunset themed wreath gift.

Now to start working with your generous donation from here.

11 Likes

How do you make fabric rope?

1 Like

@LadybugsAndBees, Google Fabric Twine for now, and I’ll make a tutorial later with a new wreath, although I did link the tutorial I used to my first completed wreath (can’t link atm because I’m on my phone.)

So, the sunset wreath base is complete! Now to add flowers!

I’m going to carry the red and orange as flowers onto the yellow part.

12 Likes

It is beautiful…you did a fabulous job of doing a sort of gradient…and the little pops of dark/black really adds depth…the flowers are really going to bring it all together…

I was going to use a foam wreath and just wrap, but I can see that the weaving really adds dimension as well…

4 Likes

It would be interesting to see the difference between a foam wreath and this kind.

3 Likes

You still the twist but not the up and down weaving…

here is one I found that is gorgeous, just different…

11 Likes

Oh, it is very pretty!

3 Likes

Lovely!! Great texture!! Can’t wait to see it with the flowers!!
:sunflower::sunflower::tulip::tulip::rose::rose:

4 Likes

Those sunset colors are amazing! @Lynx you are so very talented.

4 Likes

Thank you, my friend!

4 Likes

It’s looking great!!

4 Likes

You are rocking that twine @Lynx! Love it!!

4 Likes

I’ve just been salvaging some old linen shirts that were worn too thin to patch, and was badly conflicted over the cuffs and collars. I finally saved the collars and threw away the cuffs, but I know I’ll wish I hadn’t. :confounded: I love seeing your small, square patchwork. It gives me a lot of good ideas.

2 Likes

I’m using my scraps to make some blocks from the Farmer’s Wife 1930s quilt book. I was going to hand sew because I struggle to stitch perfectly straight, but then I saw she provided paper piecing templates too, so that’s where I’m starting. I had never done that before so I started with the easiest block in the book. The finished size will be 6x6.

9 Likes