Use Those Fabric Scraps Craftalong --Long Live Scraps!

Edited

6 Likes

It’s really nice to see everyone’s fabric scraps :smiley:

2 Likes

Me, too!

Not only do I get storage ideas, I get ideas of what to make…and I drool a lot…

There is hope that my stash will go down…I am going to give those mosaic blocks a go…I really need larger projects if I am to get rid of volume

1 Like

So…scrappy bib ftw? :crazy_face:

4 Likes

no kidding…a bunch of us older ladies laughed our wine through our noses because we all said we needed bibs to eat anymore…as a gag gift, I was going to make them all scrappy bibs:

but then I was skeered they would really use them!!!

5 Likes

That would be an awesome gag gift (and think of all the scraps you’ll destash!).

Using them in public might be a fashion statement :wink:

2 Likes

Y’all are out of control!

2 Likes

Do you save the string/ ribbons from shopping bags? I save mine in gallon freezer bags but like your jar idea better

4 Likes

I think I know what I should try to make with the fabric rope I’m currently making!
Check out this twine wreath that can totally be made from fabric rope instead.

3 Likes

I’m guilty of saving all the random bits and bobs.

Adding to that, I have family and a few close friends saving bits and bobs for me…they drank the kool aid :smile:

1 Like

oh that is a cool idea.

2 Likes

I wonder if I can get a wreath frame like that at the dollar store. I’ve seen wreath making stuff there before. Other wise, I’m sure HL or Michael’s would have it.

3 Likes

The fabric rope would make and incredible wreath…and yes, I have seen wreath frames like in most of the stores…Joann’s even…

2 Likes

Or a thrift store. I’ve seen them at my local creative reuse store.

1 Like

@SillySlippers. Hey silly!
Ooooo, what kind of shopping bags have string??

I cut all the ribbons out of tops (used to keep on hangers) and use them for hooplahs! They’re the perfect size! And usually the silky shiny ones!

I like the jars because I can see all the sediment layers from different projects. I have more. It’s shameless. Like stained glass, but with thread.

5 Likes

I save them…my yarn and fabric from the UK have lovely ribbons on them…like a drawstring bag…I use the bag as the backing for my new fabric pieces…it is like interfacing…

I also cut tags off clothing…I use those in altered art or as collage items…I think I am a hoarder of supplies for free!

6 Likes

I have ribbon and string and tags for my mixed media art. I just emptied a box of tea bags and the inside of the box has a really pretty design on it so I saved it too!

4 Likes

Edited

5 Likes

The shopping bags from Godiva stores are brown string/cord. I also have purple and solid black strings and I think they were from shoe stores.

3 Likes

Ohhhh, I would certainly save and use those!

1 Like