Using the good yarn

…. Except no yarn was used in the making of this project! Lol!

I made this for @kayrun in the Easter Egg swap.

And it took FOR-E-VER. I’m a super slow knitter to begin with. Then I frogged it 3 times. I used embroidery floss which made it extra tricky because the strands are meant to separate, but I didn’t want them to separate. And finding knitting needles small enough for this project was tricky, I finally bought some tapestry needles and those worked. And then I used tiny vinyl lettering on the plastic I used to cover the knitting.

It was a challenge, that’s for sure.

12 Likes

It was a cool idea to layer the clear plastic with the vinyl lettering over the knitting. It looks great, and it’s amazing that it is embroidery thread!

1 Like

Cool idea and excellent follow-through though it was fighting you. It must have been tempting at times to switch gears but I bet your partner is thrilled that you persevered.

1 Like

Thanks, guys!

Very cute!

1 Like

Oh, the lettering is on a clear overlay! That makes so much more sense now… (I was vaguely worried from the photos that it was not adhered properly & about to wander off)

1 Like

Well, your determination paid off, because this is really great! I know that it’s embroidery floss, but I can’t quite figure out the size of it… what is the size of this?

1 Like

It’s about 2.25 inches wide.
It is absolutely darling, and I had no idea it was embroidery floss! I figured it was fingering wt yarn. What a challenge & it turned out beautifully –
thanks again @Bunny1kenobi !
I love the colors you used & it’s a great reminder to dig into my yarn stash & pull out those good yarns that I tend to save for later!

2 Likes

Thank you, friends!

And thanks for answering the question, @kayrun… I honestly could not remember the dimensions of this, just that it was decent sized but not huge by any means. I’m glad you like it!

2 Likes

That’s funny you made it with no yarn, lol. It’s such a great idea for a badge and it turned out terrific. Use the Good Stuff!

1 Like

I’m not a knitter, so I had no finger weight yarn. So this was a case of “use what you have”, really.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very pretty and crazy to think you used embroidery thread!

1 Like

Thanks!