Vintage photo on layered frame

This was a 4x6 journal page. The prompt was use a “vintage” photo (this is a magazine photo) and create a frame by layering various papers.

I decided to stay with mostly neutral colors. I used some hand made decorated papers, various ephemera and washing tape. I stapled the collage with copper staples before adhering to the back ground

25 Likes

This is absolutely gorgeous! You really have an eye for mixing elements and patterns.

3 Likes

Lovely! This really created a “mood.” Every piece goes together wonderfully.

3 Likes

The neutral color theme accents the look of antiquity. Sweet mag photo! I like using colored staples too. Your collaged frame is beautiful!

2 Likes

The combination of elements is perfect for the photo!

2 Likes

Love the look of that translucent layer with the white dots. The whole thing is very cool!

2 Likes

It’s bakery paper, like you would use to pick up donuts. and I used heavy gesso and stenciled on in.

If you use matte medium to glue it down the paper kind of blends in and all you see is the dots like in these collages I did.

3 Likes

I’m truly in awe how you can transform an image from a magazine into such a beautiful piece. The colors, tone, and embellishments all work to create a wonderful story.

2 Likes

Ooh. This is so atmospheric and looks so lovely and old! Gorgeous!

1 Like

Love all the layers! Super duper!

1 Like

So sweet! All the layers really make it special!

1 Like

:heart: :camera_flash: :scissors: Congrats! Your beautiful Vintage Photo on Layered Frame is a Featured Project this week! :scissors: :camera_flash: :heart:

1 Like

I saw the little photo on the top of my phone screen in featured projects and knew it was you. You have such a distinct style and it’s great. I loved your colours and placements.

1 Like